Contacts issue on Moto Droid - HELP

stevens_5

Reaction score
so the last few days i've been trying to add in some new numbers by hitting the 'Contacts' icon --> 'Contacts' tab --> Settings --> +New Contact.

I enter the name/number and hit 'DONE' and it doesnt appear on my contact list after...i then hit 'Accounts' from settings and do 'Import from SD Card' and have tried 'Syncing' with my gmail account but NOTHING is happening...

about a month ago all my contacts were randomly erased from my phone but i got it synced and its been fine since, but what am i doing wrong? do i HAVE to add a new contact to my gmail account EVERYTIME then SYNC it to my phone???

Please help, this is quite irritating

ntrddragn

Reaction score
are the contacts you're adding have the same or similiar name with existing contacts? if thats the case then it might of have merge in with your existing contact. There has been report of contacts being erased but it never happen to me so i cant tell you why. =/ I have never added contact via gmail and syncing it to my phone. i add it straight on the phone. but i type the number in first and hit menu then add new contact not your way around. hope this helps. :)