Contacts Gone, Web History Gone, All Apps Force Close.

Forensicunit

Reaction score
Hi there. 1st post. I scanned the forums to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I purchased my Incredible in August. Within the last month I've been having increasing issues with it, which culminated in a total breakdown tonight.
Initially, it would start to run really slowly when I was using Handcent for SMS/MMS. Occasionally it would freeze, and then restart. When I would try to call one of the 6 "favorites" I had, it would call a random of the 6, and not the person I intended. When I started really using the phone, and using multiple at once it would get slower and slower, and sometimes freeze. Tonight it began with MMS not coming through, and I was unable to send MMS. I thought rebooting my help. When I turned it back on, all apps on my home screen say "PROBLEM LOADING" and are blank. All widgets are gone. All contacts (except my wife, who is also on my plan) are gone. In Handcent, none of the messages have attached pictures. Any app I try to start force closes immediately, including Dr Web Anti-Virus.

The only new app i installed in the last 4 weeks was Wordfeud Free, which I installed 2 days ago.

I'm considering doing a factory reset. I have Backup Assistant, so I'm not super concerned about losing my contacts, but as far as all the apps I have...should I write down each one that I have, or is there a way to restore them all?

Thank you for your help.

mauiblue

Reaction score
All apps downloaded from the Android Market will be there for you to reinstall on your phone. Trust me, I know <grin>. I would suggest syncing your phone with AppBrain as I find it a bit more accurate than Android Market. When I was having problems with random reboots, I did a hard reset and all was well after I reinstalled all my apps and used Backup Assistant and Google to restore my contacts. Now that I am rooted, if I have any issues with my phone, I just reinstall the last good backup I have stored on my phone and I'm up and running in a few minutes without reinstalling apps and data. Good luck.