contacts confusion: editing linked info?

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Arg! it just erased my whole post when I was adding tags somehow...ill keep this short so I don't have to type it all again:

1. how do u access linked info from 'People' contacts? my phone has set emails and numbers that I don't use as primary ways to contact those people, but I can't edit them to change or delete the linked info.

2. junk anonymous email addresses from craigslist are also being added to my contacts but I can't find where they are to edit or delete them. I'm guessing this is another link issue with gmail, but I don't know how to stop it from saving craigslist emails and other junk I don't want as contacts

thanks in advance!
Haley

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
one way to do it

go to settings=>Accounts & sync and turn off what you do not want synced.

Axel

Reaction score
1. Go to the person's contact. At the top should be their name and the tab you're on (details, messages, etc). To the right of that, there's a rectangle that says "link" - that's a button that lets you control contacts linked to the one you're viewing. First there's suggested links, then ones already linked. In both cases, just tapping the name toggles the link (indicated by the icon to the right of the name).

Not sure about 2. You mean they're being added somewhere else but you can't find them in your list under the "People" app? If they're listed under People, you can long-press to delete.

The only gmail setting I could find was under the "chat" tab. Under "Auto-add suggested contacts:" one of the options is "Automatically allow people I communicate with often to chat with me and see when I'm online." I don't know if that's your problem, but if it's selected, you may want to try changing that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go into gmail on line and set the contacts you want only under my contacts. This is how it works with the Droid, I think since they are both Android phones running the same OS this method should work for you as well.

On the Droid we also have a feature to remove any contacts that don't have a phone number. You may want to look for something similar on the Incredible.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will do some snooping around on my phone and use your suggestions.

I think the only way to solve my weird junk emails from craigslist problem would be through gmail on the computer, so i will take care of that now.

as for the linking, i will try what was mentioned about the different tabs.

I'll write back in a bit to say how things went.

Thanks!!!

ketchup201

Reaction score
how to tell if a contact is on phone or google?

Hey, this is a somewhat related issue.
I accidentally added a few contacts to my PHONE instead of GOOGLE/GMAIL. Is there any way I can look at all my contacts at once to see which ones are solely on the PHONE instead of GMAIL? I'd have to have to go through each one individually.

Thanks!