Contacts App

u7mg0

Reaction score
what is a good contacts app? i use aContacts but it gives me problems. whenever i try to edit a contact, i get error and must force close. has always done this, so i am looking for better app. thx for any suggestions

myriad46

Reaction score
I have a cool one on my Droid1 called, Contacts. It automatically links with my Google contacts and integrates really well into Android. Sorry to be a smart-ass.

What about the default app are you looking to fix, or what other features are you looking for? Did you use your gmail account prior to getting an Android phone? Google Contacts?

OP
U

u7mg0

Reaction score
ok smart a** :icon_ banana: no, the stock app sucks...i have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to get down to W or Y. dont want to have to hit the search either. would be nice to have them in a grid alphabetically.

i did not use Google before this phone. i am surprised there aren't a ton of contact apps out there. so far, stock and aContacts

myriad46

Reaction score
That would be pretty cool. So, on the screen, would be a grid of the alphabet and then you'd select the letter you wanted to start with? The handle on the side of the screen, where you can drag it to a letter, doesn't cut it?

m6droid

Reaction score
ok smart a** :icon_ banana: no, the stock app sucks...i have to scroll through hundreds of contacts to get down to W or Y. dont want to have to hit the search either. would be nice to have them in a grid alphabetically.

i did not use Google before this phone. i am surprised there aren't a ton of contact apps out there. so far, stock and aContacts

You DO know that when you barely touch the contacts and begin to scroll (in the stock app), that a little button appears on the side and you can touch that to get to whatever letter you want, right?

The grid idea, while interesting, isn't going to be THAT much faster than using the little side scroll button. dancedroid

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Quoting them makes me wonder if thats directed to them or me? So I am saying....I am aware and in last count 350 contacts and added several more recently...that tapping that letter w worked for me other than thumbing my way down. Zero to 60 in 5.2 when I let my temper set sail.....keeping it from prime time evil is always the priority of the day. So if you meant me? I am good. It is easier with Better contacts......Momma of two boys--I am always on the wild side. I prefer the less traveled routes for quiets sake and use a good shortcut when I can get one....ttfn

DayDay

Reaction score
I go with the mIQ Live app... You can edit everything from your computer to sync wirelessly with your phone. pretty easy, syncs everything else to if you want it to...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about just typing in the name of the contact in whatever it is you want to do? You don't have to scroll through anything or use an app. Sending an email? Bring up your email and in the to section type in the first few letters of the name, Droid will bring up suggestions.

myriad46

Reaction score
Quoting them makes me wonder if thats directed to them or me? So I am saying....I am aware and in last count 350 contacts and added several more recently...that tapping that letter w worked for me other than thumbing my way down. Zero to 60 in 5.2 when I let my temper set sail.....keeping it from prime time evil is always the priority of the day. So if you meant me? I am good. It is easier with Better contacts......Momma of two boys--I am always on the wild side. I prefer the less traveled routes for quiets sake and use a good shortcut when I can get one....ttfn

First, I don't see how it could have been directed at you...that's why they quoted. No big deal. Second.... W H A T? I really don't understand your post. I'm glad to see Droids are reaching moms, but maybe mommy should do the typing. Could you clarify any of that?