Droid New Contacts Issue

josh689

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and I've tried to find a thread with what I'm looking for and I've found close but not exactly what I want.

So I got my Droid wet and broke it and got sent a new one. I put in my original mini SD card and it seemed to load all my contacts up and sync with my gmail account and everything seemed to be working fine. The only exception is that now when I load a contact by clicking the add new contact in the contact app it puts it in my "all contacts" folder in my gmail account instead of the "my contacts" folder which makes it not appear on my contacts list on my Droid. Now the only solution I have really heard people try and come up with is that I need to check the "all other contacts" under the display options which is not the solution I am looking for since I only want to list what is in the "my contacts" folder and I don't want to have to go into my gmail account and transfer contacts from "all contacts" to "my contacts" every time I want to add someone new into my phone. My old Droid had no problem with this and I could just add new contacts with no problem.

The only other weird thing about my new Droid's contact app is under display options it lists everything as a system group which it also did not do before I'm pretty sure and also lists "system group: my contacts" twice which makes me think this might have something to do with my issue. I hope this describes what I am talking about and any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating when I am trying to add a new contact.

Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here and I've tried to find a thread with what I'm looking for and I've found close but not exactly what I want.

So I got my Droid wet and broke it and got sent a new one. I put in my original mini SD card and it seemed to load all my contacts up and sync with my gmail account and everything seemed to be working fine. The only exception is that now when I load a contact by clicking the add new contact in the contact app it puts it in my "all contacts" folder in my gmail account instead of the "my contacts" folder which makes it not appear on my contacts list on my Droid. Now the only solution I have really heard people try and come up with is that I need to check the "all other contacts" under the display options which is not the solution I am looking for since I only want to list what is in the "my contacts" folder and I don't want to have to go into my gmail account and transfer contacts from "all contacts" to "my contacts" every time I want to add someone new into my phone. My old Droid had no problem with this and I could just add new contacts with no problem.

The only other weird thing about my new Droid's contact app is under display options it lists everything as a system group which it also did not do before I'm pretty sure and also lists "system group: my contacts" twice which makes me think this might have something to do with my issue. I hope this describes what I am talking about and any help would be appreciated as this is very frustrating when I am trying to add a new contact.

Thanks in advance.
Visit your gmail account on line and fix the issue there. Its a Google phone and your contacts are backed up in gmail. Just go to your contacts there and put it in the proper category.