Contact Syncing help

A_Ninja_Racer

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Hello All, I'm getting ready to upgrade my S3 to the S5 and im also looking to switch carriers from Verizon to T-mobile. I decided that if Verizon didn't bring back unlimited data plans by the time my agreement was up then I would be leaving them. So I have been looking to insure that my contact info would not be lost. right now the only app I have backing up my contacts is the verizon app so since that wont work I decided that I wanted to sync my phone contacts to my registered Gmail account. The issue that I'm having is that it only seems to be syncing from gmail down to the phone and not from the phone up to my gmail account. I have gone into the Google sync settings and everything is checked I run the sync but when I go to my gmail account there are no new contacts in there.

I also tried exporting my contacts to the SD card but for some stupid reason it only exports 1 contact. and there doesn't seem to be a way to pick which contact is exported so every time I try it again it just keeps exporting the same contact over an over again.

I'm sure this is something that the sales person can help me with when I go to get the phone but this is something that I would like to be in control of. Its something that should be relatively easy to accomplish and I'm not sure why its giving me such a hard time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
The way I do it is to go to contacts, share contacts via, then select all, done, then pick where you want the share to go, i.e. Google Drive. Then you can import them from that location in the new device. You can also do it in an email to yourself and keep the email until you need to import them from there.