Contact ringtones????

dixieb

Reaction score
I want to HEAR the ringtone before I select it for an individual contact but not only can't I figure out how to make that happen, now, when I try to go back to the default ringtone setting location to try to listen so I can hear them again from there, nothing happens when I click that button. Help! I'm not even sure this is the right place to ask this question as I don't really see where to just simply post my question on this...

stainless

Reaction score
Backup Ring tones

Where is the info about contact ringtones stored.
Everything I change roms or something I have to Re-setup all my contact ringtones.

Craig MacTavish

Reaction score
Can I transfer a song from my music and set it to a contact? It seems I can only have one song I have downloaded as my default.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Can I transfer a song from my music and set it to a contact? It seems I can only have one song I have downloaded as my default.

Yes you can. Once you have the song saved to your SD card, go to the contact you want to set the song to. Go into "view Contact" and once you're viewing the contact, go to Menu > options > set ringtone. You can then choose the ringtone for that contact.

Mctazz62

Reaction score
I have a Droid by Motorola with version 2.1 software and I can not got to menu during the playing of a sound to move it. Nor can I get out of the default ringtone folder to use anything else.
Suggestions

jpoolejr

Reaction score
setting contact ringtones for droid x

To assign a custom ringtone to a contact
1. Open the contact, and then press “left lower tab-4 little circles” and then press edit
2. In the upper part of the screen scroll down to “Additional Info” – it may take a few tries to make this work
3. Touch the side arrow to the right of “additional info”
4. Then scroll down to ringtone
5. Touch “down arrow”
6. Scroll along the ringtone list to find desired ringtone and hit OK for selected ringtone
7. Save it

///Merlin\\\

Reaction score
I use ringdroid. Its a free app I think will do what you want. Use music clips, even make your own from scratch. And yes, You can preview them before assigning them.