Contact ringtones????

sparkyaclown

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a specific ringtone for a contact? I know the other Motorolas I have had allowed a custom ringtone for contacts. Instructions for the Droid would have been nice.

thegipper

Reaction score
Is there a way to set a specific ringtone for a contact? I know the other Motorolas I have had allowed a custom ringtone for contacts. Instructions for the Droid would have been nice.

open contacts > click contact you want > menu > options > ringtone

PatrickMc

Reaction score
Call me stupid, but I can't set personal ring-tones for a specific contact. How do I do this on my DROID phone? Thanks...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Call me stupid, but I can't set personal ring-tones for a specific contact. How do I do this on my DROID phone? Thanks...

It was stated in the posts above you. You click on the contact, then hit the menu button and settings, and then click on the ringtone and set it there.

PatrickMc

Reaction score
Thank you! Sometimes I'm a bit thick headed... OK, now how do I set custom notification tones?

PatrickMc

Reaction score
I am trying to set a different tone for email vs IM vs voice mail... can this be done?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am trying to set a different tone for email vs IM vs voice mail... can this be done?

Email can be done by going into the email app, when you click on an account you can do the menu settings again, each email account can have it's own noise. i haven't had a voice mail or text yet. I know there is a way to set the text if i remember correctly, but not for the voicemail. Hopefully someone else here can answer that question.

OP
S

sparkyaclown

Reaction score

Email can be done by going into the email app, when you click on an account you can do the menu settings again, each email account can have it's own noise. i haven't had a voice mail or text yet. I know there is a way to set the text if i remember correctly, but not for the voicemail. Hopefully someone else here can answer that question.

I didn't even realize this was a feature. Thanks for the tip! I had turned notifications off so I wasn't being notified of emails in the middle of the night. Unfortunately that effected text messages I was getting also. Nice to know I have that much control.

donniedroid

Reaction score
Ringtone storage location

Is there a way to have the ringtone feature point at the sd card to find ring tones instead of having to add personalized ring tones to the directory on the phone itself...I made a directory on my card music/ringtones how do i get the os to point at that to look for ringtones rather than the current default...thanks in advace for any help you can provide.

Donnie

marlon3

Reaction score
is there a way to setup each contacts to have his/her own ringtone, sms and email tones? I was able to setup different ringtones, sms tones and email tones for each contacts.

lonewolf

Reaction score
Custom Ringtones??

is there a way to take an mp3 you have on the droid and assign it to a specific contact? i know i can assign ringtones, but those are only the default ones. am i overlooking something?? thanks.

lilybelle

Reaction score
I easily used phonezoo when I had my envy. I can't seem to figure out how to assign downloaded content as ringtones on my new droid. Jeez - I can't even find the downloaded content. I'm tech support in my house, but this seems to be too hard.

DroidFan

Reaction score
is there a way to take an mp3 you have on the droid and assign it to a specific contact? i know i can assign ringtones, but those are only the default ones. am i overlooking something?? thanks.

Yep! Go to the song you want to make into a ringtone. While listening to it, go to the Menu > Add to ringtones.

Then go to the specific contact and add the song to your contact's ringtone.

Easy! :)