Contact Photos appearing out of nowhere!

gregbridwell

Reaction score
I have noticed that a couple of my contacts that I have NEVER had photos of on ANY phone much less my Droid have started to show a contact image....and THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!

Anyone else experiencing this? One example, a Verizon rep helped me in store with an MMS issue. In the process, she asked that I send her a sample text. I ended up just saving her first name with the number and Verizon for the organization in case I had anymore questions. So I have only her first name and her mobile number in my contacts and now all of a sudden there is a picture of her in the contact!

Is this possible? Am I crazy?

impmonkey

Reaction score
pulled from facebook? or your phone is trying to kill you......droid does.

Yodes

Reaction score
I have noticed that a couple of my contacts that I have NEVER had photos of on ANY phone much less my Droid have started to show a contact image....and THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!

Anyone else experiencing this? One example, a Verizon rep helped me in store with an MMS issue. In the process, she asked that I send her a sample text. I ended up just saving her first name with the number and Verizon for the organization in case I had anymore questions. So I have only her first name and her mobile number in my contacts and now all of a sudden there is a picture of her in the contact!

Is this possible? Am I crazy?

Originally I thought maybe you were just having a Facebook sync going on where your contacts were being linked to a friends Facebook account. But after hearing about the in store rep, I'm a little freaked. Your Droid must be smarter than you think: :icon_twisted:

OP
G

gregbridwell

Reaction score
I thought FB was the culprit too on some of the contacts...

...then I found the Verizon rep and I was a little freaked myself. I have no contact with this person at all. I only have her cell number and first name and she obviously is not a friend on facebook. I have no idea where this is coming from...it's cool if it's a real feature but it'd be nice to be able to exercise a little control over it if it is!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
...then I found the Verizon rep and I was a little freaked myself. I have no contact with this person at all. I only have her cell number and first name and she obviously is not a friend on facebook. I have no idea where this is coming from...it's cool if it's a real feature but it'd be nice to be able to exercise a little control over it if it is!
The rep may have a Facebook profile with her number provided in it. Facebook may have matched it to your contacts. I still think it's Facebook 100%

OP
G

gregbridwell

Reaction score
Interesting...

So I don't need to be "friends" with an individual on Facebook for it to sync their info with a contact entry in my addressbook?

kpj313

Reaction score
If you have a picture on your gmail account on your PC it will show up on the droid. I guessing thats whats happening.

OP
G

gregbridwell

Reaction score
But I don't have her email address and I've never had a photo of this person, ever!

JamesX

Reaction score
Just look her up on Facebook and see if picture match.

If it is the same picture then you got your answer.

If not then it is caused by somthing else.