Contact Notes -

jeffzab

Reaction score
When using a blackberry device under contacts then notes section...if you had a name and phone # or email address you could put the cursor over that phone # or email address and instantly dial that number...on the droid I cannot do that. Is there an app for this or does anyone know how to change that. I miss that feature especially when I am trying to dial quickly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When using a blackberry device under contacts then notes section...if you had a name and phone # or email address you could put the cursor over that phone # or email address and instantly dial that number...on the droid I cannot do that. Is there an app for this or does anyone know how to change that. I miss that feature especially when I am trying to dial quickly.

All you got to do is either use the search/microphone and say the name or just type in the first few letters of the name. Droid will find it for you.

Oh and :welcome: to the Droid Forum. I just noticed this is your first post.:)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there is no cursor on the droid. you can just click the green phone next to the person you want to call or click on a phone number in any text and it will bring up the dialer

orrr you can use the droids search button and say something like "dial dan home" and it does (droid does)

OP
J

jeffzab

Reaction score
I know that feature...it is just I have a lot of client names notes,etc under my contact notes, sometimes I don't know names I am trying to reach off top of my head and I have to go to notes section to locate them

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You say Call hookbill. If I'm in your phonebook it will call me. Or just tap the search button and type in the first few letters of the name. It's easier then blackberry.

OP
J

jeffzab

Reaction score
Hookbill, my problem is that I have a lot of contact names, phone #, email addresses under the notes sections of Contacts....For example under a contact - I put in company info - then in the notes section I have contacts at that company with phone # and email address.
Patty – Secretary
213-555-5555
[email protected]

If I say " call Patty" it does not come up because it is under the notes not an actual contact...with a blackberry I could touch her # with the cursor and dial the # automatically. With the droid I cannot do this

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i think you need to seperate each contact because the droid cant recognize notes
as a contact

go into google (if you have them backed up there) then you can make them into their own contacts and even makes groups (such as each work place)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hookbill, my problem is that I have a lot of contact names, phone #, email addresses under the notes sections of Contacts....For example under a contact - I put in company info - then in the notes section I have contacts at that company with phone # and email address.
Patty – Secretary
213-555-5555
[email protected]

If I say " call Patty" it does not come up because it is under the notes not an actual contact...with a blackberry I could touch her # with the cursor and dial the # automatically. With the droid I cannot do this

Jeff,

You have a problem that many have in one form or another. I haven't tried it, but you might try the app cited below. It appears to get you a bit closer to what you want. Not sure if it will take you whole route. If it works, I'm sure others would be interested in hearing from you. And if you have hundreds of contacts it's obviously worth a try compared to redoing your entire google contact list.

Contact Search+ for Android - Tools

th9203

Reaction score
Another option

You could also try aContact in the Market. Open the app, type in your search term and it will find it in any field. It can go a bit overboard with common strings. For example, I have ICE on my family members which it finds just fine. However, it also finds words with the strine "ice" embedded in them. :)