Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Can't find. Is this option avail?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Isn't it Contacts/(Select the contact)/Edit/Ringtone? I mean, that's where mine is. Now if you're talking for text messaging, I don't know that I've ever seen a different ringtone for contacts inside the text messaging app...

OP
legalkill

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
On my GS3 with alliance rom TW 4.3, in contacts I have two options for ringtones for a contact. call ringtone and message ringtone. I have gotten used to having family on separate notification tones. Must be a touchwiz thing.
Screenshot_2014-07-21-09-24-23.png

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
On my GS3 with alliance rom TW 4.3, in contacts I have two options for ringtones for a contact. call ringtone and message ringtone. I have gotten used to having family on separate notification tones. Must be a touchwiz thing.
View attachment 72309
So you were running a modded ROM? That's it I'm sure, because the stock ROM doesn't have this option that I'm aware of.

OP
legalkill

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
So you were running a modded ROM? That's it I'm sure, because the stock ROM doesn't have this option that I'm aware of.
That was on my Galaxy S3. I never took stock updates past 4.1.2 i think. It may be a stock touchwiz thing and not a stock android thing, or LG took out that option.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
It's probably touchwiz. That'd be my guess. I'd have ot look at wifey's S4 to see if she has it.