Contact list by last name?

tohnloc

Reaction score
Is there a way to sort/view the contact list by the last name?

Thanx in advanced

D-

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This has been brought up before and if I recall the only way to do so would be to manually switch each contacts first and last name, but I could be wrong.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't be discouraged. I like my contacts organized by first name so if there was a fix I may have just forgotten it. Someone may have a solution I just don't think so.

Uncle700

Reaction score
I have a D1, but with the last update I was able to change the order of my contacts. When on Contacts settings for Display Options can then change sort list by, and also view contact names.

Hope this helps.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to gmail on line, go to your settings/more actions, select last name first.

This should fix you up on your contacts.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
The problem seems to come with facebook sync. Since they sort by first name. I have problems and I usually have 1 name that just won cooperate. Very aggrevating

BradBev

Reaction score
I've got the same issue. I've gone to the Google contact and told it to sort by last name. This then appears proper on the web site, but even after syncing, the contact list on the Droid X is still sorted by first name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gritwater

Reaction score
Even with google contacts only, no fb...I have issues sometimes. I have the sort by last name checked off. A workaround is when you edit contact names...enter all their info in the second line. (The family name line, not the given name line)
I enter it as Water, Grit

Works for me
Sent from my Droid 2 while driving.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It might be easier if you work with it on line in gmail. Using a computer that is.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
If you sort by last name, and then choose to use Caller ID Readout (Voice Announce), will you get "Call from Smith John" or "Call from John Smith"?

cellu1

Reaction score
I have a D1, but with the last update I was able to change the order of my contacts. When on Contacts settings for Display Options can then change sort list by, and also view contact names.

Hope this helps.

That is true of my old D1 also. My D2 however has no sorting option available like the D1 did. WTF?