Contact issue

jscotti

Reaction score
I have an uncle with the same name as me, well, at least first and last names. When I tried to add him into my contacts, I used "new contact" in the options under contacts and typed in his name, phone number and nickname ("Uncle James") and then pressed done and discovered that his contact info was put into my contact info! I had 2 sections with each of the e-mail addresses that were automatically found for me before and my Droid put my uncle's stuff into a 3rd section. So if I want to dial him up, I've got to scroll through all the rest of my stuff to get to his contact info..... I was hoping he'd show up in my contacts as a separate entry with the "Uncle James" nickname. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks!

Jim.

OP
jscotti

jscotti

Reaction score
I found my own answer eventually - you can split the section off into its own contact under options in contacts. Found it by accident when I was entering my nephew's details whose first name is identical to his dads. Unfortunately, I found another bug - it hammered his dad's avatar which was downloaded earlier automagically from Facebook..... Lots of details to learn about this incredibly capable machine.

Jim.

boone82

Reaction score
I have a fairly similar issue I'm hoping someone can help with. My wife's info synced from her facebook account, but in my past phones, I've had her under "Babe" or "Brat" or "Muffin" or some other sickening pet name!! I set her nickname to something I won't divulge as to prevent vomiting, but I'd like to know if I can have her show up that way instead of by first and last name in my contacts or when she calls. Anyone have any ideas??

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I too would like to know how to have nicknames appear in the contacts opposed to real names. No other threads on this and nothing on Google.

Anyone have any answers?

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Btw - this issue was recently discussed over at Android Central (link ).

The fix is as follows:

* Go to contacts >
* Select the contact that has the combined name >
* Choose Menu >
* Choose Edit Contact >
* Choose Menu >
* Choose Separate