Construction worthy outer case

mtc7011

Reaction score
After getting a otterbox commuter case for my Razr Maxx I am looking to add one more element of protection for my phone.

I would like to get something with these options in mind
-protection from a short fall and landing on something hard or sharp
-protection from dirt/dust
-clip onto my belt
-easy to take out and answer a call

This is like something I have in mind. Anyone use this or something similiar to this? Opinions?
View attachment 46930
Amazon.com: Dickies Phone Case 09708v1 for iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, Motorola Droid, Blackberry Curve, Storm, Tour, Bold, HTC Incredible, Aria, Legend, Desire and Free Lanyard: Cell Phones & Accessories

OP
mtc7011

mtc7011

Reaction score
Nevermind about that Dickies case. I read one of the reviews on Amazon and realized that the Razr Maxx is a bit too long for that case. Otherwise it would probably work fine.

William_04_x

Reaction score
I just got my RMaxx last night. Went right to VZW store for a screen protector and picked up the shell/ holster while I was there. I didn't like the vertical orientation of the holster because of the exposed charging and HDMI ports on top. In the past I've used horizontal leather cases with mag flaps and metal belt clips with no complaints. I found that my RMaxx with the back shell fit perfect in the generic case I used for my D2G. The back shell gives me some grip, I have the kickstand if I want it, and the leather case offers enough protection that I'm not worried. If I'm not at work I have the holster if I want it.

RAZR MAXX

OP
mtc7011

mtc7011

Reaction score
Should have just gotten the defender series.

The reason I went with the commuter instead of the defender is because I didnt need all that protection on the phone outside of when I am working. There is usually alot of dust and dirt around at work too so I wanted to get something that almost completely surrounds the phone and then when I am done working I just carry the phone in my pocket.

jkayeh

Reaction score
I have the RAZR, got the defender case and holster, like both very much. However, have read and heard first hand the plastic belt clip breaks if caught on something (i.e. getting in/out vehicles). So I was looking for a leather horizontal holster-pouch that would accomidate the size of the RAZR with the protective defender case. No luck so far, everything I read about on the internet is .5in off one way or the other. Same goes for in the VZ store.

OP
mtc7011

mtc7011

Reaction score
Amazon search

I've noticed if you search for "Razr Maxx pouches" on Amazon alot of nice looking pouches come up. The problem is that about 20 other models of cell phones of varying sizes are tagged in the same product name. Like this one:
Amazon.com: Rugged QX Brand Super Heavy Duty Case Extra Large Horizontal Black on Black Case for Large PDA Phones like: Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules, SkyRocket, Epic, Epic Touch, Attain, Fascinate, Mesmorize, Showtime, Nexus, Motorola Droid RAZR, Maxx,
So you end up getting pouches with dimensions that are close but not big enough unless they are gonna flex a little more to accommodate your phone. But since we are looking for something a little bigger to fit a Razr Maxx with a case I would rather have a larger pouch than one that isn't quite big enough.

I would rather be able to put my phone with the otterbox commuter case in the pouch before I buy it but unless more pouches come out I may just say screw it and order one. The one I have in mind is at Amazon. The pouch's dimensions are 5.2" high X 2.8" wide x 0.48" thick and Razr Maxx is 5.15" high X 2.71" wide X 0.35" thick

Here is the link for it:
Amazon.com: Heavy Duty Large Slim Vertical Smart Phone/ Samsung Infuse 4G / Focus S / Galaxy S II / Skyrocket / Sprint Epic 4G Touch / Motorola Droid RAZR / Droid RAZR MAXX / Photon 4G Cell Phone Universal Case/ Pouch/ Holster with Belt loop & Metal

fdave55

Reaction score
Just ordered the Otter Box defender for my Razr Maxx. I have one for my X2 and really like the protection it offers. My X2 has had several falls from waist high on to various surfaces. No damage to phone. Great product.

OP
mtc7011

mtc7011

Reaction score
I finally got this one off of Amazon. My first impressions are that it seems pretty durable even for its price and that functions as well as I had expected or maybe even better. I guess time will tell how durable it will be.

View attachment 48281

Just to remind you I have a Razr Maxx with a Otterbox Commuter for its case. The pouches fit on it is a pretty tight. The velcro isnt barely holding on or anything. When taking the phone out it might take two hands to not pull the clip off your belt. Overall not a bad buy considering that this is about the only product for what I was looking for.

Last edited:

jbenn829

Reaction score
I have the Razr with the otterbox case and like using a different belt holder and found the belt clip case for a Symbal hand held computer works great. Big enough to keep the otterbox on and safer that the otterbox belt clip.

After getting a otterbox commuter case for my Razr Maxx I am looking to add one more element of protection for my phone.

I would like to get something with these options in mind
-protection from a short fall and landing on something hard or sharp
-protection from dirt/dust
-clip onto my belt
-easy to take out and answer a call

This is like something I have in mind. Anyone use this or something similiar to this? Opinions?
View attachment 46930
Amazon.com: Dickies Phone Case 09708v1 for iPhone 3g, iPhone 4, Motorola Droid, Blackberry Curve, Storm, Tour, Bold, HTC Incredible, Aria, Legend, Desire and Free Lanyard: Cell Phones & Accessories

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I picked this one up from Amazon this week. Amazon.com: Rugged QX Brand Super Heavy Duty Case Extra Large Horizontal Red on Black Case for Large PDA Phones like: Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules, SkyRocket, Epic, Epic Touch, Attain, Fascinate, Mesmorize, Showtime, Nexus, Motorola Droid RAZR, Maxx, B
It's pretty stout and has one of the best clips I've ever seen.

2012-03-22_22-27-15_579.jpg

2012-03-22_22-27-53_273.jpg

2012-03-22_22-27-23_286.jpg

2012-03-22_22-27-40_195.jpg

bls8195

Reaction score
I just ordered a Otterbox Commuter case for my razr, I have never been a huge fan of the defender. Thats just me.

Riderbob

Reaction score
Don't know if you already found a soulution but I am in the same type of enviroment as you. Here is my solution if it works for you. Commutor series case,(otter) and a Reiko pouch I found on Amazon. I think it was called the PLUS SIZE. The phone fits very tight, but i am sure it will loosen upover time. The pouch has a 3 way mounting system. 1 belt loop for horizontal mount and a loop or metal clip for vertical mount. The flap is secured with very stout velcro and a black plastic"buckle". I have been using this setup the last few weeks and it has never let me down. Here is the amazon link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WU7KN2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i02 hope this helps.
Rider

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Otterbox defender ftw.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!