constant WiFi disconnect/reconnect

TR Young

Reaction score
Ever since the latest Android update the end of December, my wifi constantly disconnects and reconnects. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you fixed it and if you have, please let me know how to do it.
Device is GS3, no mods or JB.

Last edited:

Jeffyo

Reaction score
What about the wifi? Wireless data or general wifi?

OP
T

TR Young

Reaction score
General. My laptop has no problems, only my phone seems to.

muffins7497

Reaction score
use push pin entry

Ever since the latest Android update the end of December, my wifi constantly disconnects and reconnects. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you fixed it and if you have, please let me know how to do it.
Device is GS3, no mods or JB.

who is your service provider? I had Verizon and never had any problem with phone, Ruku, laptop connecting.
when i switch over to Comcast, it's a long story.. I started having problems with Ruku first, then the cell phone. just
my Samsung s3... what gives? anyway, If you have any phone with push capabilities, use that. it's same as when you use
Netflix, when you type in a code to get service.
note: Samsung s3...menu, then press WPS pin entry and put that info in the router
another thing, you could lower your wireless security setting a little.

Jeffyo

Reaction score
who is your service provider? I had Verizon and never had any problem with phone, Ruku, laptop connecting.
when i switch over to Comcast, it's a long story.. I started having problems with Ruku first, then the cell phone. just
my Samsung s3... what gives? anyway, If you have any phone with push capabilities, use that. it's same as when you use
Netflix, when you type in a code to get service.
note: Samsung s3...menu, then press WPS pin entry and put that info in the router
another thing, you could lower your wireless security setting a little.

I use WPS as well. Works well but every once in awhile it will still have issues connecting. Its our phones. Android it seems. Tweeking my router helped a lot. Hopefully there is a fix coming.

OP
T

TR Young

Reaction score
Provider is Verizon. I did do some router tweaks to no avail. I tried different channels, changed security settings, stuff like that. I'll check out that link that was posted up above.

It's strange that this never happened until the last update came out.

Last edited:

muffins7497

Reaction score
pin setup

Provider is Verizon. I did do some router tweaks to no avail. I tried different channels, changed security settings, stuff like that. I'll check out that link that was posted up above.

It's strange that this never happened until the last update came out.

have you tried the pin setup??? this will bind the system together.. two system hand shake each other, i had no
problem with the phone, tablet, etc after that.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I'm not having any luck here at all...

You know I have had this issue since I've gotten my s3 back in September. I have tweaked the router settings and still the same issue. Went through 4 replacement phones and all of them have done the same thing. Tier 2 tech approved me for a certified pre owned Razr Maxx HD but they were waiting for my other replacement phones to come in so they could send out my Razr Maxx HD. When my replacements came in I called and all of a sudden they wouldn't approve me anymore so I said screw them. Bottom line, I think it's my router. I have a Netgear dual band router. I paid $150 for that router. But my wife's Rezound has no problems with her Rezound on our wifi network. I gave up trying to mess around with my setting and numerous replacement phones. So I just leave it on 4G since I have unlimited data.

What brand router do you have?

Jeffyo

Reaction score
You know I have had this issue since I've gotten my s3 back in September. I have tweaked the router settings and still the same issue. Went through 4 replacement phones and all of them have done the same thing. Tier 2 tech approved me for a certified pre owned Razr Maxx HD but they were waiting for my other replacement phones to come in so they could send out my Razr Maxx HD. When my replacements came in I called and all of a sudden they wouldn't approve me anymore so I said screw them. Bottom line, I think it's my router. I have a Netgear dual band router. I paid $150 for that router. But my wife's Rezound has no problems with her Rezound on our wifi network. I gave up trying to mess around with my setting and numerous replacement phones. So I just leave it on 4G since I have unlimited data.

You know that our phones have an issue with dual band routers. Something to do with the 5.0 -ghz band and a possible interferance with the LTE frequency.

Try to adjust both bands to their strongest perspective channels. I had the same issue with my new router and this did the trick. I also used WPS to connect too.

muffins7497

Reaction score
WPS pin entry and put that info in the router

use WPS pin entry and put that info in the router

Last edited: