Connection problem when on 3G network

allikanbe

Reaction score
When I am on wifi, the google voice search works great. If I turn off or move from a wifi connection and try google voice search, I get a Connection Problem try again window. Of course, trying again does nothing. This used to work great, but not now.
This may or may not be related, but I also get mms with pics that won't download unless I restart my Droid, then they download fine.
not rooted
any ideas?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I am on wifi, the google voice search works great. If I turn off or move from a wifi connection and try google voice search, I get a Connection Problem try again window. Of course, trying again does nothing. This used to work great, but not now.
This may or may not be related, but I also get mms with pics that won't download unless I restart my Droid, then they download fine.
not rooted
any ideas?

When this problem occurs are you getting a 3G signal? Is it happening in your home? If that's the case you probably have a cell tower issue. Call Verizon and they will do a trouble ticket for you. It may take 4-7 days for them to fix it but they will take care of it.

OP
allikanbe

allikanbe

Reaction score
not rooted
any ideas?

When this problem occurs are you getting a 3G signal? Is it happening in your home? If that's the case you probably have a cell tower issue. Call Verizon and they will do a trouble ticket for you. It may take 4-7 days for them to fix it but they will take care of it.

Yes, I have a 3G signal (2 bars) and yes, at home. Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
not rooted
any ideas?

I guess I didn't ask my question correctly. If you are getting 3G signal and 2 bars then it's not a tower issue. So calling Verizon probably won't help.

I would say due to your issue with MMS that you may need to do two things. First, remove all task killers and virus protection software. If that doesn't fix it then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings. All your paid apps will be in your downloads in the Market, you may have to go get your free apps back on your won. It wold appear an app is the cause of this issue.

OP
allikanbe

allikanbe

Reaction score

I guess I didn't ask my question correctly. If you are getting 3G signal and 2 bars then it's not a tower issue. So calling Verizon probably won't help.

I would say due to your issue with MMS that you may need to do two things. First, remove all task killers and virus protection software. If that doesn't fix it then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings. All your paid apps will be in your downloads in the Market, you may have to go get your free apps back on your won. It wold appear an app is the cause of this issue.

I deleted the ATK, shut down, pulled battery, restarted and it works. Thanks again. I had the ATK because one or two of the music apps on my Droid was annoying to turn off (if I could find out how to do it) so I would just use the ATK to close it.
Thanks Hook!