Connection issues

garbageman

Reaction score
My computer will not recognized phone. I have gone to the motarola site and downloaded the newest drivers, but still does not work.

Anyone have any ideas? Please I need help

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
garbageman

garbageman

Reaction score
I could really use the help here I'm trying to sbf.

Saosinx

Reaction score
Did you try plugging your usb chord into a differnt slot? Sometimes it'll get it to recognize that way.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

I've never really understood how people have an issue simply getting their device installed. I've done it 10+ times and never had an issue.

First and foremost, you want to verify you are logged in as administrator on your PC. Secondly, verify everything is installed. Aside from that, I would recommend using another PC.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I have to go back to basics here. You have gone to Settings > Applications > Development and checked USB debugging?

Having done that as soon as you plug your phone into ur computer, pull down the notification bar and open the USB connection and choose mass storage or anything except CHARGE ONLY, and hit OK.

If you still do not see anything, then open My Computer and see if you see your phone listed. If not there come back for other suggestions.

MMsbrat

Reaction score
If your computer has usb version 1.1 it won't recognize the phone. These from what I have discovered take the newer version of usb. I believe it has something to do with amount of voltage available, but had the same issues with my older computer.