Connecting Droid to Pionner AVH P3200DVD USB

kitrhs99

Reaction score
I just had a Pioneer AVH P3200 DVD installed in my truck. It displays album art and song information. I have about 400 Itunes purchases on my Droid that don't have the DRM on them. My question is, can the song information be transferred by usb or would that only be for ipods. It works great plugged into the aux jack but if possible I would like the song info to display on the headunit. As an experiment, I made a DVD with the same songs on it and the song info shows up but no album art.

When I mount the SD card on the phone when I connect it to usb, the head unit says reading media just like when you put a CD or DVD in but does not do anything. I have my music in a music folder on the droid. Does it need to just be in the main directory and not in a folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is, can the song information be transferred by usb or would that only be for ipods.
Depends on your head unit. What does your manual say? Does it support mass storage devices? If your head unit supports mass storage devices and works with the Droid it can probably also display whatever song information is stored in the tags. I wouldn't count on album art though.

I have my music in a music folder on the droid. Does it need to just be in the main directory and not in a folder?
Again, it depends on the head unit. Some head units require a very specific folder structure. Other's don't.

Last edited:
OP
K

kitrhs99

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it does. The manual doesn't really say anything other than using a Pioneer USB cable which I am sure would not work with the Droid. I would think that it would support mass storage devices especially since it has an SD card slot which I may try. I could just use the DVD but if I want to add anything to it, I would have to have a DVD RW disc and keep erasing what is on it and starting over when I add anything since the disc is still "finalized" even though it is not a standard audio CD. I may either try a usb flash drive or maybe an SD card which I have extra of both lying around.

Thanks again for your help. I had really hoped that it would work with the Droid. I can still use the aux jack which is no problem.

ebarcus

Reaction score
careful, i was using my pioneer fb90 bt to do the same, and it erased 6months of pictures and caused my phone to go into an endless loop of reboots, then i got to reformat the card (all the data was already lost) --im calling pioneer about this one on friday (my vacation)