Connecting Droid to computer

urklegrue

Reaction score
Nope, not rooted. And it only happens on one computer - that's probably worth mentioning. I have an XP netbook that mounts it just fine. So the problem is something on the computer.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Sorry I couldn't help !

When you find a solution, please post it so others may be helped in the future.

OP
S

sherwizzle

Reaction score
Sorry for delay in responses. I have tried both the Motorola media link and USBDeview programs and neither seems to work. When I use the USBDeview I click on the items in the description category called Motorola A855 usb device. However, when I tell it to uninstall them the program does nothing. So basically I'm still at square one. I appreciate all the suggestions though.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Sorry for delay in responses. I have tried both the Motorola media link and USBDeview programs and neither seems to work. When I use the USBDeview I click on the items in the description category called Motorola A855 usb device. However, when I tell it to uninstall them the program does nothing. So basically I'm still at square one. I appreciate all the suggestions though.

That's because you have to right click on it and "run as administrator." :)

OP
S

sherwizzle

Reaction score
Ahh thats what I was missing. Thanks, that seems to of solved the problem, if only temporarily. So I'll have to do this every time I want to sync my computer and phone? Not complaining, but is there any more permanent solution to this problem? Thanks again, I'm happy to have it working!

fairoak

Reaction score
I was having the same issue and something that worked for me is I had plugged the phone into a USB port on the front of my computer instead of using the USB ports connected directly to the motherboard. (ie on the back of the computer) Once I switched this around, it sync'd up fine. (this is on Win XP btw)

angler1

Reaction score
I also run Vista and had the same problems you are experiencing until I did what jimmariner suggested. Are you sure you are mounting from the droid itself after connected to your USB? Because after I figured that part out it worked perfectly. I also downloaded the motorola program and nothing is going to work till you mount the device. Sometimes it could be just that simple.:icon_ banana:

urklegrue

Reaction score
Ahh thats what I was missing. Thanks, that seems to of solved the problem, if only temporarily. So I'll have to do this every time I want to sync my computer and phone? Not complaining, but is there any more permanent solution to this problem? Thanks again, I'm happy to have it working!

Yep, pretty much. I haven't found a permanent solution either. It's a pain but at least it works temporarily. I am using wifi to connect most of the time now anyway, but that doesn't work with syncing with the iTunes agent.

OyVOid

Reaction score
Try this link, this program will install the correct drivers needed to access your DROID.

http://www.motorola.com/medialink

Hopefully sherwizzle this will help. I use this program myself.
Lets us know how it works out for you !!!

Doh! I am a newbie. I need to know how to install the drivers. I went to the link you provided and... NOW WHAT???

What am I supposed to click on to make this happen?

Thanks.

FWPhoto

Reaction score
A solution that worked for me...

I am having issues with getting my Droid to mount. The phone chimes "Droid" when I plug it in and mount it plus the puter has that pretty little chime that lets me know it felt something "poke" it too lol. The problem is when I go to "My Computer" I do not see it listed there as a device and I don't get that nice little bubble to tell me it's found new hardware and it's installed and playing nicely with the puter. I went to the device manager and do see it listed there as a external drive and it say it's working fine. All things seem to be in place but being able to actually access the damn device....ugh.

OK...I am running 7 Pro on this machine and the hubby's laptop has XP Pro. It mounts up like butter to his laptop. I have found a solution that works for me...not sure if it will work for all. I have heard that some who run 7 had no issues mounting...I was not one of those lucky souls. I went to MS and dl'd Windows XP Mode. It runs as a virtual machine inside 7. You can use this if you have Pro or Ultimate. It is a bit of a hassle but I wanted to play with my Droid on my puter...not the hubby's. Installing wasn't so bad and didn't take all that long. It did make my net stop working so I had to release and renew the adapters in both 7 and XP Mode with the cmd prompt. Give it a shot...if it doesn't work just do a restore or uninstall. Good luck to anyone who tries.