Connected to 4G but no data connection

cbrinson

Reaction score
Just wanted to start off by saying this is far the best phone I've owned, and believe me, I've had a lot of different phones. However I was wondering if anyone was having the problems I've been having over the past few days. First, my phone shows 4G or 3G in notification bar, however when I try to access email, or any app requiring network access, I get a message flash up on the screen saying network error or no network connection, please retry or try again later. Only lasts for about 10 mins. and I did try restating the phone, but the problem was still there. Also, with my favorite contacts, all the ring tones I had set, changed by one, meaning in my list of ring tones they all dropped to the next listed tone, weird. Just wanted to know if anyone had these problems, or could maybe explain, Thanks

T

TheAlpha

Probably because you're not in an area where there is a strong enough signal to use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

cbrinson

Reaction score
No, this has happened where I have always been able to connect. It showed 4G with full bars. Its only happened a few times, but if it keeps up I'm probably going to get a replacement. Just wondering if it has happened to anyone else.

T

TheAlpha

Try resetting it. If that doesn't work, take it to the Verizon store and tell them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

vect97

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the ringtones, but in regards to the 4g connection, is 4g or 3g shown in white or blue? I think white means it's trying to connect. Blue means connected. Often when my razr is trying to connect to my home wifi, 4g is in white since it is trying to establish a connection with the wifi and can't since there is not a good enough signal. Therefor both don't connect. I then just turn off wifi and it connects to 3g or 4g pretty quickly. Keep an eye on the colors and let me know if that had something to do with the issue.

sakeen79

Reaction score
Just wanted to start off by saying this is far the best phone I've owned, and believe me, I've had a lot of different phones. However I was wondering if anyone was having the problems I've been having over the past few days. First, my phone shows 4G or 3G in notification bar, however when I try to access email, or any app requiring network access, I get a message flash up on the screen saying network error or no network connection, please retry or try again later. Only lasts for about 10 mins. and I did try restating the phone, but the problem was still there. Also, with my favorite contacts, all the ring tones I had set, changed by one, meaning in my list of ring tones they all dropped to the next listed tone, weird. Just wanted to know if anyone had these problems, or could maybe explain, Thanks

Same phone same problem. Did you ever get a fix??? I LOVE this phone and just need this ONE thing resolved.

amusedone

Reaction score
Same problem. Countless FDRs, 2 SIM cards and now I'm on my 3rd CLNR...soon to be 4. Still having the issue. On the phone previous to this one I even ran with NO apps for a few days (which absolutely killed me btw) adding one at a time to determine if it was an app causing the connection issues. I am firmly in the 4g coverage area for my normal day to day. I was in a store yesterday for an unrelated issue and mentioned it to the rep. she said words with friends and scramble free were terrible about disrupting coverage for some reason on her RAZR. I deleted scramble, didn't even have words, but the problem persists.

amusedone

Reaction score
I can be sitting next to others on the vzw network fully connected and active on 3g/4g while my phone will say no connection. On my previous devices I never had this problem either.

sakeen79

Reaction score
Has anyone received the upgrade from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich? Since that upgrade I have not had an issue.

jaye712

Reaction score
I did..other then my icons disappearing sometimes(all of it)& certain apps i used with g.b befour the update,it wrked well,after ics,it doesn't wrk so well,like picsart(seems like iam the only razr owner with that app that has that issue) ,Pandora seems slower,i dnt know if its jst the app alone or its bcuz of the update.other then that,i like ics,quick n fast response when Googling something