Connect phone to PC with Verizon apps or HTC Sync?

Macdiver

Reaction score
Guyz,

I just got my phone today.

I found the on-line HTC manual but I'm not sure whether to use the app on the Verizon site for pictures and video or to get HTC Sync from HTC. The HTC app seems to be all inclusive. I'm afraid the Verizon apps will be lame too.

I searched the web and this forum but didn't find anything specific about this issue.

Please advise.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends...what is your goal? I don't use either. I don't sync anything either, but that's me.

OP
Macdiver

Macdiver

Reaction score
The goal is to move pictures and video from phone to PC and vice versa. Maybe download apps and move them to the phone. Beyond that I don't know what can be done with it.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You really don't need either. When you hook it up you'll have a choice of connecting as an external drive or for charge only. Just pick drive. On the computer open up whatever phone file you need and just drag and drop the music onto your phone. If there isn't a music or mp3 file already on your phone you can just make one on your computer and drag and drop the whole file onto your phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

VidJunky

Reaction score
As Ram said you really don't need a "sync" program to move files around. I have two things you should do and one piece of advice, well really more of a tip than advice. One before you connect go to your camera and check the settings to see if you are saving pics to your external card or phone memory. Then take a picture of anything. Plug in to your pc, if it's the first time it will take a little bit as your pc goes through the whole recognition, driver, thing. You can opt to say no to the VS(whatever) thing that will pop up. It will likely open your browser as well. I can't stand the things big red does. Anyway, once all that is done open your my computer folder, by this time your phone should flash the USB screen, chose to connect as a drive. Then in the my computer folder you'll see two new drives. Click one and navagate to DCIM>100media and see if the picture you took is there. If it is then you now know which drive is which, phone memory vs. external memory card. When you back out right click on each and rename them something that let's you know which is which. This will make using the computer interface easier because the names will remain the same on any pc you connect to and you will always know which memory is which.
Two, if you plan to put music on the phone you should know that music must be added to the root of your sd card. So on the drive you named as your external memory on the level that you see downloads, DCIM, and a few other things make a folder named "music". You can put all of your music in this folder and your apps should find it with out any problems. You can group music together in this folder in folders but you cannot go deeper than that or your apps won't see the music. You file path should look something like this, EXT_SD>Music>JayZ.
My advice is don't download the verizon thing. If it's like their apps, it will either not work, or not work well, and it will try to sell you some additional something. The two grand we give them each year is just not enough. I can't really dog their product much more than that, because I don't/won't use it.