Connect Droid via USB cable to ANOTHER Camera to view Photos/Videos

jhilgart

Reaction score
I currently have the GoPro Helmet camera which is a small video camera, go here for the link to their website but below is a pic, the problem with it is it doesnt have a view finder to watch previously recorded video off the SD card, so you have to connect it through a USB cable or a SD card reader to the computer:
683_large_CHDHH-001-01-683x426.jpg

So My Question and What I would like to do: Connect a Micro USB Male(5PIN) into my Droid, and the other end Mini USB Male(5PIN) into the camera to view the previously taken video or pictures off the cameras SD card.

Would this be possible? I know one item is the cable is hard to find, and the other usually involves the fact that one item would have to be the host(the Droid), so would I need an app to allow me to view the cameras files off its SD card?

Rettocs

Reaction score
I currently have the GoPro Helmet camera which is a small video camera, go here for the link to their website but below is a pic, the problem with it is it doesnt have a view finder to watch previously recorded video off the SD card, so you have to connect it through a USB cable or a SD card reader to the computer:
683_large_CHDHH-001-01-683x426.jpg

So My Question and What I would like to do: Connect a Micro USB Male(5PIN) into my Droid, and the other end Mini USB Male(5PIN) into the camera to view the previously taken video or pictures off the cameras SD card.

Would this be possible? I know one item is the cable is hard to find, and the other usually involves the fact that one item would have to be the host(the Droid), so would I need an app to allow me to view the cameras files off its SD card?

I don't know if the droid would be able to do this. I"m interested in finding out though. One thing that I do know of that has this functionality is the PSP. I don't know if that helps you at all, but it is good to know until someone helps you!

Silver Member
Reaction score
the droid doesn't have drivers to attach mass storage devices as you're describing. nor does it have driver support to allow for external devices to record video, etc., etc.

what you could do is use microSD cards in your camera with an SD card adapter. when you're done recording video, you can swap the cards into the DROID. HOWEVER, this will only work depending on the encoding used by the camera.

chances are that camera uses MPEG-2 or something other than the standards supported by Android.

Jeffbunge

Reaction score
Question for 640K

Hey 640k,
Is it possible to install a driver or write an app that would allow you to use an external video camera via the micro USB port (or bluetooth)?