Congrats to LG for the G2: Consumers love it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

LG_G2_new-578-80.jpg

A few months ago a member made the comment that they wish LG would get more credit for the G2, well your wish has come true as consumers seem to be raving about it. According to Consumer Reports (10 Top Electronics - Consumer Reports) top 10 electronics the LG G2 is the "brilliant smart phone" ; with a 5.2 inch screen, an awesome camera, and easily customizable it is one of the best smart phones on the market and our members with device have been echoing that sentiment. So those shopping for a smart phone during the holidays may want to give the G2 a look.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great news...and well deserved praise from what I've heard from plenty of friends...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like a good device. The only thing is that continued updates and interest in development become questionable with LG devices.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Seems like a good device. The only thing is that continued updates and interest in development become questionable with LG devices.

Hopefully LG will improve that. Their hardware appears to have improved significantly over the last 2 years and now with 2 nexus devices and several top tier phones it looks like they are a serious contender.

bigmatt503

Reaction score
AFTER LG and the revolution they scare me

Sent from my rooted and debloated DNA

djarmin

Reaction score
I just bought this phone for my parents as their first smartphone using my upgrade. Helping them set it up i secretly wished i got it for myself! I am still using my gnex and the screen time my parents are getting on their G2 is unreal. I would need 2-3 batteries to do that on my phone.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Awesome phone. It has really impressed me so far. Lightning fast and smooth as mother's butter. Lots of customization options without root. Decent battery life though nowhere that of the Droid Maxx. But still should get most people through the day easily. The display. Simply stunning. And speaking for myself I like the rear button placement. After getting used to it, it feels natural. Not that I even use the buttons much except for shut down and the occasional FFC pic. Let's just hope this phone can overcome LG's overall reputation for longevity in their products. And that it gets continued and prompt support with updates. Being a flagship device I hope it does. This phone is really the sleeper hit of the year IMO.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the G2 and I'm glad it's getting some notice. I shrank the nav buttons down so that I have a 5" usable display like the S4. I like the back buttons fine. The battery is big enough that the non-removable battery isn't an issue. I do miss having an SD card a bit. But the two main reasons that I find myself picking up the S4 instead of the G2 more and more is that I just like those bright colors and deep blacks on the S4, and the S4 takes better "point and shoot" indoor pictures than the G2 does.

I'll definitely keep the G2 well into next year and I'm looking forward to some more customized stock roms for it.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
A few months ago a member made the comment that they wish LG would get more credit for the G2, well your wish has come true as consumers seem to be raving about it.

No doubt that was me, the G2 deserves it and it's amazing how long it's taken to gain any traction with the public. I'm still the only real world example I've seen that owns this phone. I can easily see myself still having this device longer than two years from now, and aside from my laptop I've never said that about a single piece of electronic in my life. It literally feels as though it's designed to stand with next years phones.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No doubt that was me, the G2 deserves it and it's amazing how long it's taken to gain any traction with the public. I'm still the only real world example I've seen that owns this phone. I can easily see myself still having this device longer than two years from now, and aside from my laptop I've never said that about a single piece of electronic in my life. It literally feels as though it's designed to stand with next years phones.

Figured somebody was stuffing the ballot box :p.

Looks like development has picked up on the g2 as well.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Figured somebody was stuffing the ballot box :p.

Looks like development has picked up on the g2 as well.

It took a long time to keep sending them G2 love mail messages from proxy servers all over the world, if the G2 gets no credit at least I should. Hahaha.