Confused about Nightlies.

xm41907

Reaction score
So I installed CM74D2 a few days ago, coming from Liberty GB 0.8, and have liked it so far. I've had some FC with various apps but I'm not certain it's due to CM or not. This morning I was reading this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-d2/167213-cant-install-cm7.html

and noticed the link to the D2 nightlies here:

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

I installed the latest version from here:

CM4D2 unnoficial nightly links

under the assumption that this was the latest releases.

Are theses two separate builds of CM for the D2? If so, what are the differences and which is recommended?

havens1515

Reaction score
The difference is that the unofficial builds (the last link you posted) has some things included that haven't yet been approved by the CM team, and therefore have not yet made it into the official CM yet. Right now, I think the only difference is that the unofficials have an attempted "battery fix" which is supposed to increase battery life.

The unofficial builds are about a week behind right now, because Rev tried do make some changes with WiFi, and it ended up bootlooping, so he's was trying to fix that before he started the nightlies again. Now, I think most of his time is being spent on the GB kernel version, so if you want the battery fix, you will have to deal with some of the other things not being included. Most of the nightly updates to the official are minor things anyway. Any of the nightlies that are available on his site right now will work and will not bootloop.

The official changelog can be found here:
CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_droid2
so you can see what is new in each official nightly, and see what is in the official right now that hasn't made it into the unofficial yet. (since Rev's last unofficial was 8/16)

OP
X

xm41907

Reaction score
Great, thanks for clarifying it for me. I thought it was odd that the unofficial nightlies were behind the official ones.