confused about how to flash file via odin

n660623x

Reaction score
I was reading the info on the new dl09 rom kernel and radio and want to flash them to my phone. I was able to flash the radio file, that was the easy part. I am stuck on the second step, because it says to flash the dl09 rom via odin in the pda section, but when I try this odin is looking for an .md5, .tar or .smd file. I have none of these in the extracted dl09 rom. What I do have are two folders which are META-INF and system. Can someone tell me what I am missing here? there is no "flashable" file for odin here.

DanielC

Reaction score
I was reading the info on the new dl09 rom kernel and radio and want to flash them to my phone. I was able to flash the radio file, that was the easy part. I am stuck on the second step, because it says to flash the dl09 rom via odin in the pda section, but when I try this odin is looking for an .md5, .tar or .smd file. I have none of these in the extracted dl09 rom. What I do have are two folders which are META-INF and system. Can someone tell me what I am missing here? there is no "flashable" file for odin here.

Only radio is flashed via odin. After that unplug from your computer and insert battery. Hold Vol up+down and power. Hold vol up+ down until you get to recovery. Then flash the rom and kernel .zips via clockwork.

brandct

Reaction score
Yeah this answers a few questions I have had. I was pretty good at doing it with my Droid1 but not with all this DI01 DJ05 and DL09 stuff I was getting slightly confused lol So basically I install CWM(which I have already done) Then I can flash the DL09 radio via odin and then install the rom via CWM and the phone is good to go.