Confirmed: BP7X(Droid 2 Extended Battery) will fit Droid 1 Innocase

gdawg522

Reaction score
I just stopped over at the verizon store on my way to the bank. I asked their manager if they had any batteries for the Droid 2. He said no so I asked him if he could at least check for me and sure enough he came back with the BP7X extended battery. I test fitted the battery in my droid 1 and it fit perfectly and sits flush with the body of the phone before putting the cover on. Basically it sits exactly where the cover would for the standard battery. My Seidio Innocase fit just fine with the battery in without the extended door on. I'm not sure if this will cause issues with dust or moisture but time will tell. The case would not fit on with the extended battery door fitted. Just an FYI

fastpat

Reaction score
I test fitted the original battery cover and it would not fit with the BP7X in place without bending the crap out of it, putting way too much strain on the four latch tabs.

In my opinion, it's much better to use the extended battery cover that comes with the BP7X, eventually you'll crack the OEM cover's tabs off, or worse, you'll break the slots in the phone out and then nothing will fit.