Confident enough to post this now. Voice input problem. Cause and fix.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I got the M and didn't like having the Google Search on top of every screen. I DISABLED Google Search. Then, none of my voice inputs would work. Specifically if I opened Google Navigation and hit the microphone I'd get a message that said: "unfortunately Maps has stopped". Talked with a Tech and nothing fixed the problem. I got a replacement phone and did the same thing, disabling Google Search. I went to Navigation and same error. I factory reset the phone. I left Google Search on the screen and no more voice input problems.
Hope this helps someone with this problem and keeps you from disabling the search.
Pretty sure Motorola and Google are aware of this now as they got a notification from a 2nd level tech about it.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
Congrats! I have a question about your replacement. I know you had problems connecting to WiFi in the beginning. No matter what I do with the settings in the phone or the settings in my router, it will only connect occasionally. I've never returned a phone with Verizon. Did they give you any problems at the store? Did they just want you to do a FDR before they gave you a new one? I'm just curious about what to expect because I've never had problems before. I'm just out of options and patience, and being on a shared data plan makes WiFi a big deal for me.