Concerns involving features of the Droid RAZR MAXX HD...

Aunonymous

Reaction score
I've noticed a couple of things about the phone, and I would simply like to know if anyone here may be able to answer some randomized questions for me:
  • While using Facebook, I get the message "Error Posting, please try again later" almost too often. Does this happen to anyone else?
  • I bought a SanDisk 64GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 and it works great, but it doesn't appear that the phone has a stock music application besides Google Music. Is this true?
  • On the camera, how exactly does the "HDR" setting work?

I also just wanted to share one thing with anyone that has this phone. I use Google Chrome and Voice Functionality frequently, always stay connected to Mobile Data, Listen to Google Music probably once or twice a day, and still manage to get an average of 56-60 hours of use on a single charge... Is this normal? I feel like this is absolutely insane.

If my questions are answered in other posts, please just link me to the forum as I may have skipped over it accidentally, or yell at me. Whichever you prefer.
Thanks!

PowrDroid

Reaction score
I've noticed a couple of things about the phone, and I would simply like to know if anyone here may be able to answer some randomized questions for me:
  • While using Facebook, I get the message "Error Posting, please try again later" almost too often. Does this happen to anyone else?
I don't do Facebook so I can't comment.

• I bought a SanDisk 64GB MicroSDHC UHS-1 and it works great, but it doesn't appear that the phone has a stock music application besides Google Music. Is this true?
True. But there is also an Amazon Bloatware app that will also play music. (And wreak havoc with your music listening experience.) So far you are lucky your 64GB SD card is working for you. Some have reported problems using 64GB cards.

• On the camera, how exactly does the "HDR" setting work?
HDR is an acronym for "High Dynamic Range" photography. It will create pictures with higher contrasts than 'normal' shots. I think what the camera does is take a rapid succession of photos at varying exposure levels and then combines all the images into one coherent photo. The resultant photo has greater depth and more vibrant colors. I leave my Maxx HD camera on Normal but if it prompts me to use HDR, I switch it over to HDR.

I also just wanted to share one thing with anyone that has this phone. I use Google Chrome and Voice Functionality frequently, always stay connected to Mobile Data, Listen to Google Music probably once or twice a day, and still manage to get an average of 56-60 hours of use on a single charge... Is this normal? I feel like this is absolutely insane.

It's great, isn't it?! You're not really pushing your battery so going into Day 3 is fairly typical.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The Facebook error is on the Facebook app itself.

You're correct about the music player if I recall. I always use power amp..try it out.

As far as the camera, I don't recall.

OP
A

Aunonymous

Reaction score
I don't do Facebook so I can't comment.

True. But there is also an Amazon Bloatware app that will also play music. (And wreak havoc with your music listening experience.) So far you are lucky your 64GB SD card is working for you. Some have reported problems using 64GB cards.

HDR is an acronym for "High Dynamic Range" photography. It will create pictures with higher contrasts than 'normal' shots. I think what the camera does is take a rapid succession of photos at varying exposure levels and then combines all the images into one coherent photo. The resultant photo has greater depth and more vibrant colors. I leave my Maxx HD camera on Normal but if it prompts me to use HDR, I switch it over to HDR.

It's great, isn't it?! You're not really pushing your battery so going into Day 3 is fairly typical.

Thanks, that was a hefty amount of information and it took care of basically everything I needed.

OP
A

Aunonymous

Reaction score
The Facebook error is on the Facebook app itself.

You're correct about the music player if I recall. I always use power amp..try it out.

As far as the camera, I don't recall.

Thank you as well, I had no idea what was going on with Facebook. It didn't seem to do it on my BIONIC too much a couple of weeks ago. I'll try out PowerAmp, also.

swharshbar

Reaction score
I agree with the others, facebook is your problem,.. not the phone. And I LOVE the insane battery life. I brag to my friends/family that use the iphone about my insane battery life. :biggrin:

PowrDroid

Reaction score
And I LOVE the insane battery life. I brag to my friends/family that use the iphone about my insane battery life. :biggrin:

It's pretty cold here in Minneapolis today, -7 F. I might have to use the Maxx HD's battery to jump start my car later today.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
@PowrDroid...It might work!

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
It's pretty cold here in Minneapolis today, -7 F. I might have to use the Maxx HD's battery to jump start my car later today.

Good one!