Complete Droid Newbie - doing my looking before my leaping!

hawkman174

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been a die hard BB user for years, but have recently decided it's high time for me to make the switch to Android. Took a look around Verizon's wireless services website, and promptly felt overwhelmed and uninformed. Read a few reviews and buying guides on Cnet, and still found myself with plenty of questions. So here I am, doing my looking before I leap.

Me: I'm a professional geologist in the environmental consulting business. I work for myself, and travel quite a bit, so anything that helps me stay well connected to my clients is welcomed. I'd really like to be able to keep client information at hand and reports in "the cloud" so I can operate at full strength no matter where I am. I'm a tremendous fan of Act!, but have yet to find out whether I'll be able to connect my Act! resources directly to whatever new phone I end up with.

I had considered iOS, as a number of family members have these. Nevertheless, I'm leaning toward Android as I perceive a tremendous flexibility in operations and collaboration across platforms.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. I can't wait to dive in and I'll keep you all posted on my adventures!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you get a chance to get by a VZW store to have some hands on time, I would definitely recommend it. The Razr Maxx and Maxx HD are great phones for battery life and the Galaxy Note 2 is a bit larger device, nice battery life and offers some great multi-tasking / productivity tools...

Good luck!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Good luck on your decision! :)

wcjeep

Reaction score
While I really like my Samsung Galaxy S3 the Motorola Razr Maxx and Razr Maxx HD have great battery life. I carry backup battery chargers in my vehicles. I've never needed them. I prefer to be prepared.