Coming to the dark side...

georgiapeach

Reaction score
Switching from a BB curve to the X. So far, pretty good! I'm Jessica, I live in rural South Georgia with my wonderful hubby, two kiddos and a really loud Beagle. :)

I'm having some issues with my X, one is the reason I found this forum! My X will NOT allow me to call my mom or my sister's house. The phone will also not allow them to call me, it's like they're blocked or something! Verizon (locally) did everything they know to do to it and cannot get it to cooperate, so they're offering me a new one if I bring it in with the box tomorrow morning.

I have it charging right now, but I'm going to try the solution I found in a thread here before I take it in, I sure hate to start all over with the apps and things.

Couple questions too:

*Is there anyway to remove the factory apps that come with it that I absolutely don't need?

*How to extend battery life, mine seems to die really quickly?

*How to create mobile hotspot, how much does it cost on my bill and how does it work with low signal strength? The only option for 'net at our new house is dial up or Hughes Net and I'd like to use my X if at all possible!

Thanks in advance!

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jessica. Im not familiar with the X but you wont be able to remove factory installed apps without being rooted. Im sure someone else will be able to answer your other questions

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Jessica. :)
As for the hot spot the app requires a monthly fee of $20 I believe I know its not more than 30. That is on top of the data plan you have for the phone. Also you are limited to 5 gigabytes of data a month via the hot spot app.

As for the battery life I just recommend turning off the gps feature located in settings, location, use gps satellites. I have also heard that in places where you don't get a good signal your battery will drain faster because the phone is trying to search for a signal.and it is working to stay connected to the network.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

OP
G

georgiapeach

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the quick replies guys! So, I'm guessing I need to look into this rooting thing because it sounds like it's WAAAAY beyond my capabilities honestly. I don't want to do something to wreck my phone and then the company look at me blankly because they know I tore it up! LOL!

I guess the mobile hotspot thing isn't what I need then, huh?