I came to the dark side...

franked

Reaction score
...and not just because you have cookies either!

After a long, loving relationship with Blackberry, it just a matter of time before some sexy young phone caught my attention. I fought the urge with all I had. However, my lust finally got the better part of me. At first I felt dirty. Then I felt like I was betraying the one I loved. Now, I have come to accept it for what it is. I have found my soul-mate...err...phone-mate.

Okay, enough of the dramatic.

Hi, I'm Frank. IT nerd by day, father/husband by night. I am the proud owner of an HTC Incredible, and I couldn't be happier with my choice of phones.

I look forward to making new and interesting (or not so interesting) friends and learning new things about my phone and the android platform in general.

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
...and not just because you have cookies either!

After a long, loving relationship with Blackberry, it just a matter of time before some sexy young phone caught my attention. I fought the urge with all I had. However, my lust finally got the better part of me. At first I felt dirty. Then I felt like I was betraying the one I loved. Now, I have come to accept it for what it is. I have found my soul-mate...err...phone-mate.

Okay, enough of the dramatic.

Hi, I'm Frank. IT nerd by day, father/husband by night. I am the proud owner of an HTC Incredible, and I couldn't be happier with my choice of phones.

I look forward to making new and interesting (or not so interesting) friends and learning new things about my phone and the android platform in general.

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe!

Hey Frank :welcome: to the Droid Forum. Your's is not an unfamiliar story, many of us are former die hard Blackberry users who had the "courage" to try something different. And aren't we glad we did.

For far too long we had put up with mediocrity and less then state of the art service. Browsers hanging for 5 minutes before populating. Constant battery pulls. Yet the loyalty to Blackberry for many is unbreakable (also known as "fanboys.")

You didn't come to the dark side, you merely stepped into the light. And we're glad to have you here. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us and are enjoying your new phone. If you want to go deeper into the darkness begin reading about rooting. You will enter into a whole new world.

Mike