COME AND GET IT: Vzw HTC One

Malkavian

Reaction score
I decided not to wait. Yes the HTC One sounds nice, but I was tired of charging my Rezound 3 times a day. I got the S4. I weighed the differences. The HTC one has cool speakers, I don't listen to movies or music without a headset. If I did listen without a headset, I would bluetooth to my speakers. Yes the S4 has a plastic back, I'm putting the phone in an otterbox commuter, why do I care about the back.

My choice.

later
Michael

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's still as good as any other phone offered (and on the horizon). Well, save maybe the Note 3 which isn't going to appeal to everyone.

What I don't get is why people so fixated on phones, like they are REALLY put out if a certain phone isn't available on launch day at VZW. If you take a step back from being an uber-geek, the phones are all basically the same. That they aren't is pretty much all in your head - your user experience isn't going to be noticeably different from device to device.

Now I'll sit back and wait for a bunch of irrational, uber-geeks to tell me why I'm wrong. Just comical how people split hairs to create an illusion that these phones are remotely different in any sort of significant way.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's still as good as any other phone offered (and on the horizon). Well, save maybe the Note 3 which isn't going to appeal to everyone.

What I don't get is why people so fixated on phones, like they are REALLY put out if a certain phone isn't available on launch day at VZW. If you take a step back from being an uber-geek, the phones are all basically the same. That they aren't is pretty much all in your head - your user experience isn't going to be noticeably different from device to device.

Now I'll sit back and wait for a bunch of irrational, uber-geeks to tell me why I'm wrong. Just comical how people split hairs to create an illusion that these phones are remotely different in any sort of significant way.

2 things possibly.
1)folks, especially men, have a tendency to relate their sense of self worth to what they've got.
2) folks keep hoping the next big thing will meet their hopes of actually being what they'd been hoping their last device was going to be. "2 things always over promise and under deliver. Electronics and revenge".
Replace phone with other big boy toys and it's pretty much the same. Let the release of the next great dslr camera get held up, ipad (or Android tablet) next generation, laptop, etc and go read forums about said product. It'll be the same thing. You'd have thought the world ran out of food and petroleum the way folks acted over the Kindle Paperwhite even it first came out.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

WestOkid

Reaction score
Hmmm? And this profound? I have no problem accepting the fact that I am a typical guy. I take things like cars, gadgets, sports, golf clubs a little too seriously. So what, I bet cavemen compared rocks. That's just what we do. I am proud to be able to partake in the nonsense. Guy till I die!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm? And this profound? I have no problem accepting the fact that I am a typical guy. I take things like cars, gadgets, sports, golf clubs a little too seriously. So what, I bet cavemen compared rocks. That's just what we do. I am proud to be able to partake in the nonsense. Guy till I die!

more than likely it was clubs and fires more than rocks :D
Not saying it's a bad thing just that corporations know this stuff, research how to keep people hooked and about how long they can get away with it before it ends up hurting profits above a certain variable point.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
TT4

comk4ver

Reaction score
Honestly, if it wasn't for Verizon taking forever on updates getting this phone wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
2 things possibly.
1)folks, especially men, have a tendency to relate their sense of self worth to what they've got.

Totally disagree. No man I know relates his self worth to anything that costs money... except maybe a car.

As to the topic: I never wait for phones. Period. I have always refused to play the waiting game. When my contract was up, I was on a crappy Dinc2. I couldn't take that phone for ONE MORE DAY. (Still on GB and promised an update LAST September....).
SO I buy whatever is hot on VZW when my contract is up and I have zero regrets. Rocking a RAZR HD and FINALLY have Jelly Bean. Happy. Enough anyway. ;)

To answer the original question: WAY too late. Even for Average Joe...

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To answer the original question: WAY too late. Even for Average Joe...
Just want to put down a friendly vapor-wager among fellow Android lovers: IF the Verizon One is the commercial success I expect, I'll revisit this thread in October or November and *bump* it back up for a second round of discussion. I think the sales data are the only way to settle this disagreement. :) And I *am* putting my money on the One -- I think the first production wave will sell out inside a week.

-Matt