Comcast email won't work after ICS update

BAD18

Reaction score
My Droid Rrz got the Android 4.0.4 update last night. Now I'm not receiving my Comcast.net email. I'm getting my gmail but not my primary email address with Comcast. I tried deleting the account and them adding it back. That didn't work. Then I dowloaded another email app "K-9 Mail" and I was able to add the Comcast account .. But it doesn't download my email. Message at top of screen says Comcast:inbox (Syncing disabled). I went through all the menus and can't find how to change that. I did hit sync and still no email. I am getting my comcast email on my computer.

So far this ICS update is just trouble.

thanks.
Barbara

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you go into your phone's Settings and go to Accounts, is the Comcast one listed there? If it is they little sync icon should be green, if it is not you can click on it and choose what to sync.

OP
B

BAD18

Reaction score
Thanks. I checked and the comcast sync is on!! Now what?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Not sure what to trouble shoot since you already tried K9 and that didn't work either. Also you said you already removed the account and added it back, other than that a factory data reset is what I would see as a possible fix.

Course you are going wipe everything on your phone and have to add it all back. Which isn't too hard now with the APP store backing up all your APPS. Plus you have Google for your contacts and you can even download a program to back up your text messages if they are important.

bmwmick

Reaction score
So far this ICS update is just trouble.

thanks.
Barbara

Barbara,
I've been having the same problem (+ more) since 6/14 when my RAZR powered up and loaded 4.0.4 ics. I had refused for about a week and finally it just did the downgrad on it's own at power-on time. Not happy I too tried K-9 with no resolution. I never get a "certificate rejected" do you? If I manually check my 3 other Email addresses, they work but will not download mail on a tier pop.

You can improve the slow response (lag time) by going into Developer options under Settings and change Transition animation scale to .5X Not 5 but .5 It REALLY sped mine up. Got this tip from another forum where I was complaining about this unwanted downgrade. :angry:

Mick

FIXED, Two FDR's and a total reload of 6.16.211 from MATTs 1.81 Utility. http://tinyurl.com/d7rtfj3

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I just got upgraded last night and now my comcast doesn't work either........

Not to mention a couple of other problems also.... :angry:

bmwmick

Reaction score
I just got upgraded last night and now my comcast doesn't work either........

Not to mention a couple of other problems also.... :angry:

Abby,

Get a good backup app and back all your data/apps up. Do a Factory Data Reset, click on Settings, Privacy and FDR. That will wipe all the bad garage. My ICS load was screwed too. I just got it all fixed yesterday. My Comcast is working like it did before but now I have TWO mai icons, one is Gmail and the other is all my POP3 accounts. I have no idea why they separate them. I'm temted to delete the gmail and move it to the 'other' Email icon. That may fix one problem and cause others. ONe I found LTE On/Off in the play store, my battery lasts for almost a day. When ICS was first forced to my phone, I had about 6 hours of battery life and everything was very slow. Also, got to Settings, developer, set Transitions to .5x That helped my lag a LOT>

SW PA?........Little Washington? grew up in OH

Mick

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Abby,

Get a good backup app and back all your data/apps up. Do a Factory Data Reset, click on Settings, Privacy and FDR. That will wipe all the bad garage. My ICS load was screwed too. I just got it all fixed yesterday. My Comcast is working like it did before but now I have TWO mai icons, one is Gmail and the other is all my POP3 accounts. I have no idea why they separate them. I'm temted to delete the gmail and move it to the 'other' Email icon. That may fix one problem and cause others. ONe I found LTE On/Off in the play store, my battery lasts for almost a day. When ICS was first forced to my phone, I had about 6 hours of battery life and everything was very slow. Also, got to Settings, developer, set Transitions to .5x That helped my lag a LOT>

SW PA?........Little Washington? grew up in OH

Mick

Bridgeville, near liitle Washington,,, I grew up in OH also.....LOL

Abby Normal

Reaction score
OK, I got lucky...

I deleted the account and reloaded it... all is well now.........

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Wow, You did get lucky. I did that 4 times with no change.

Mick

I would rather be lucky than good any day :biggrin::biggrin:

I did sacrifice an old LG dumb phone to the phone gods before deleting and reloading :hail: perhaps that helped...dancedroid

Edited to add, I just remembered that after deleting the account I power cycled the phone before attempting to add the Comcast account back on..... Don't know if that made a difference or not......

Last edited: