Combine contacts?

NAMELESS

Reaction score
All my FB contacts didn't group with the correct phone contacts..Is there a way to do it manually?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have also been wondering this myself, i didn't find a way but was hoping there was one.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Bump to Top. I also have need to have contacts combined or is there a better contact app?

egan21

Reaction score
I was able to combine multiple contacts through google voice. I exported all my contacts to a .csv file and then imported them into google voice. I was then able to select multiple contacts (ctr-shift or ctrl-click) and it gives you the option to merge contacts and add multiple numbers to a single contact name.

I'm not sure if there is a program available that will does this for you but it sure would be nice!

*EDIT*

Note, my google voice is setup with my gmail and synced to my droid through the default appliation 'gmail'

OP
N

NAMELESS

Reaction score
Yeah some have been working..contacts..hit the person...bottom edit icon..hit edit contact...hit bottom icon again..hit join..it should grab the other one you want or suggest it..or if nothing shows up ..hit the search spyglass..start typing..it will come up and join them..it's been working..

Last edited:

blueguy7

Reaction score
I synced my Facebook contacts with my address book contacts which worked great. However, I am not able to figure out how to join two contacts. For example, in my phone I have my Mom listed as Mom. On Facebook, she is listed as her name. I would like to merge these two entries in my contacts. When I follow the directions NAMELESS gave, the search is not associated with joining two contacts and doesn't know what to do with it. When I press 'join,' it's a black screen with Join at the top. Any suggestions?

Fleury14

Reaction score
I synced my Facebook contacts with my address book contacts which worked great. However, I am not able to figure out how to join two contacts. For example, in my phone I have my Mom listed as Mom. On Facebook, she is listed as her name. I would like to merge these two entries in my contacts. When I follow the directions NAMELESS gave, the search is not associated with joining two contacts and doesn't know what to do with it. When I press 'join,' it's a black screen with Join at the top. Any suggestions?
You should be able to do it if you log into gmail on your PC. Clickthe 2 contacts then merge.

blueguy7

Reaction score
You should be able to do it if you log into gmail on your PC. Clickthe 2 contacts then merge.

My Facebook friends who were not in my contact book before do not appear in my Gmail. Only contacts that were in my phone prior to pulling contacts from Facebook appear.

droidazoid

Reaction score
Identical contacts for Verizon Wireless and Google syncs.

What I want to do is, have the EXACT same data on my Google and phone contacts lists for my Droid X. Obviously, I can keep the phone itself on 'All Contacts,' but I want my syncs with Google and Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant to be IDENTICAL. Why? Because better storing them in two different databases, because one can- sorry, WILL - mess up at SOME point, and I wanna play it safe. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.3, I have Microsoft Office 2008, I don't have Outlook. Thanks!