College WIFI help!!!!!!

Blackdroid

Reaction score
Hey people Im having a problem connecting to my college wifi network on my Moto Droid. I can connect to it fine but Im not able to put in my school username and password to access the web. when I used my ipod touch it allows me to log into my school account to access the web same with my laptop. 3g works fine, but I was wondering was there a way to use wifi on a college networks, that requires you to put in your school username and password?

ericwiz

Reaction score
I dont understand. Where do you enter your creds? Is it on a webpage?

OP
B

Blackdroid

Reaction score
I dont understand. Where do you enter your creds? Is it on a webpage?
Yea when I get on wifi at my school it goes to a wifi log in website this works when I use my laptop or Itouch, but my moto droid wont display the log in page so I cant access wifi...

J-Buck

Reaction score
on my college network u can add devices such as 360's, PS3's, ipods, and iphones, call ur IT department and u will have to send them ur droids mac address then they will add it to the network so u don't have to log in from ur droid each time u wanna get on the school wifi

OP
B

Blackdroid

Reaction score
on my college network u can add devices such as 360's, PS3's, ipods, and iphones, call ur IT department and u will have to send them ur droids mac address then they will add it to the network so u don't have to log in from ur droid each time u wanna get on the school wifi
wow I didnt know that you could give phone mac addresses to the IT I just gave them my ps3's thanks Ill have to try that next semester.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
wow I didnt know that you could give phone mac addresses to the IT I just gave them my ps3's thanks Ill have to try that next semester.

Of course YMMV with Your IT department.....

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I'm having the same issue connecting to Optimum Wifi. It works like this college network. I entered my droids MAC address with my PC but my droid still won't open web pages. I hope the MAC address fix works for you it didn't for me.

J-Buck

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue connecting to Optimum Wifi. It works like this college network. I entered my droids MAC address with my PC but my droid still won't open web pages. I hope the MAC address fix works for you it didn't for me.

don't know what Optimum is but just call the IT people and they should get ur Droid hooked up fast