CM7 Installation Failed

mr.inter

Reaction score
I tried to update my D2G to CM7 from stock ROM (GB 4.5.608). I entered CWM recovery, wiped data, cache and dalvik and flashed CM7 (update-cm-7.1.0-DROID2WE-signed.zip) It installed and I wiped data, cache and dalvik again, but I am being stuck at the red Motorola logo. I already tried this two times, by SBFing to Froyo, installing GB, root, CWM and flashing CM7 but all for nothing. What I am doing wrong or missing?

Edit: Or is CM 7.1 froyo based?

Last edited:
OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I am going to try CM4D2G-GB-20111019.zip to be able to run boot manager on it and boot other GB based roms.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
But how come 7 GB and 7.1 Froyo? I consider this as a step back not an improvement.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Swore its been said before but here goes again:

Our "official" havent been updated because we were waiting on CVPCS to update the DX ones first.

Droid2xo

Reaction score
Ok so i'm trying to download CM7. I sbf'd back to 2.3.2, downloaded the GB OTA, rooted my phone then booted into recovery and tried downloading the CM7 after wiping everything. Then rebooted it and all it does is load the red M then shuts off and turns on. And all it does is repeat this. Can someone please help.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Let me guess. If you mean 2.3.3 (4.5.60x firmware), you installed the “official” CM7 build from the cyanogenmod site. The build that was made with stock Froyo as the base.

There is no 2.3.2 for the D2G.

Cris_09

Reaction score
HELLO ALL :)

Perfect Guide to installing CyanogenMod 7.1 on Droid 2 Global :) (i tried it myself and it works)

*[/COLOR]]Error***READ FIRST***
1. Where it says "
Gaining Root Access" Use z4root instead of all of that. (remember to check USB DEBUGGING before running z4root) *(settings/Applications/Developments/)*
z4root link : z4root.1.3.0.apk - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download -
When you download the "D2 bootstrap" install it with your phone. (SDCard/Download/D2Bootsrap) *Check "unknown sources" on your phone.* (Settings/Applications/)

Cris_09

Reaction score
You can also install ROM MANAGER FREE off of the market after you root and click on the first option to install ClockWorkMod Recovery :) (instead of downloading and installing D2Bootstrap)

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You can also install ROM MANAGER FREE off of the market after you root and click on the first option to install ClockWorkMod Recovery (instead of downloading and installing D2Bootstrap)
And it won't work. ROM Manager doesn't support 2nd-init properly. I tried. It works for updating the already-installed recovery, though.

Cris_09

Reaction score
And it won't work. ROM Manager doesn't support 2nd-init properly. I tried. It works for updating the already-installed recovery, though.

well good thing theres a D2BOOTSTRAP! ;D lol :) (thanks for the info)