CM7 help

Jdt283

Reaction score
Ive read a bunch of forums on how to do it, but can someone summarize how to get cm7 on my d2g? im currently running hexen on it.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
sbf to 2.4.330
update to 4.5.607
root/bootstrap
boot into recovery
make a backup
wipe data/cache
flash cm7 then gapps
reboot

Graymayre

Reaction score
I had an issue the first time I tried to ROM my first D2G. I did bootstrap, but every time I booted it after shutdown, it would go to bootstrap and then bootstrap would have to write the script to boot the OS. Also, failed the flash and had to restore the backup. Phone quit working soon after that, radio quit working. Had to sbf and then warranty replace.

Any ideas?
I don't want to break my phone again

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

KJabs

Reaction score
for me, getting it on the phone isn't the problem ... it's knowing which version to use for a droid 2 GLOBAL. ugh, wish I had bought a regular one!

Asphyx

Reaction score
Ok as for which version (I assume you mean CM but I'll address others later)
If you have not upgraded to Gingerbread (either via the leaked versions of OTA update) then you need the first version of CM7 made to work under Froyo.
[Dev Thread][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 (based off cm4d2 port) [FROYO BASE]

If you have updated to Gingerbread and have not SBFed back to Froyo (which overwrites the kernel) then use this version:
[DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 Global CM7 with Gingerbread Leak Kernel

Follow 13th Angel's instructions above to install.
to root after GB update you must use the D3 root method not z4root as z4root and other froyo rooting tools will not work under GB

pvthellsing

Reaction score
Z4root worked great for me....

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
Just a quick newbie question, I just get the latest nightlie and download and that's it?

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
Yeah, I wish I did that too. I totally regret buying the d2g

arsci

Reaction score
I could use some help, I've followed all the directions, I was on the GB OTA, rebooted into bootstrap, wiped cache/data, and tried to install the CM7 .zip and it fails. Everytime. I SBF'd, flashed the rooted leak from TBH, rebooted into bootstrap, wiped data/cache and tried to flash the CM7 .zip again and it failed. I'm back to my original GB OTA clockwork backup. Any ideas?

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Quick question, im running the 8-05 cm7 build. Do i have to sbf back to .330 and go from there? Or can i just install cm7 w/gb kernal like i would install other roms?

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
sbf to 2.4.330
update to 4.5.607
root/bootstrap
boot into recovery
make a backup
wipe data/cache
flash cm7 then gapps
reboot

I'm really new to all this( as you can tell). What is sbf? How do I do it?

OP
Jdt283

Jdt283

Reaction score
Ok as for which version (I assume you mean CM but I'll address others later)
If you have not upgraded to Gingerbread (either via the leaked versions of OTA update) then you need the first version of CM7 made to work under Froyo.
[Dev Thread][BETA] CyanogenMod 7 (based off cm4d2 port) [FROYO
If you have updated to Gingerbread and have not SBFed back to Froyo (which overwrites the kernel) then use this version:
[url=http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?3546-DEV_THREAD-Droid-2-Global-CM7-with-Gingerbread-Leak-Kernel][DEV_THREAD]Droid 2 Global CM7 with Gingerbread Leak Kernel

Follow 13th Angel's instructions above to install.
to root after GB update you must use the D3 root method not z4root as z4root and other froyo rooting tools will not work under GB
so if I wanted to do the one that works on froyo,not gingerbread, I just flash any nightlie and gapps then follow angel's instructions?