CM7 and Battery life help

robt7970

Reaction score
I need help with my batt life.. I installed CM7 on my DX and since this morning(its 11:30 am east) I lost 40% out of 100%... Im not good at the battery and cpu stuff so I need help to understand or a way to tweak it without &^$^%$ my Phone.

idol

Reaction score
You should first wipe your battery stats. Download the app Battery Calibrator. Charge your phone to 100%. Open the app. Do what it says, then unplug your phone and dont charge it till your phone dies. You should do this every time you switch roms.

OP
robt7970

robt7970

Reaction score
You should first wipe your battery stats. Download the app Battery Calibrator. Charge your phone to 100%. Open the app. Do what it says, then unplug your phone and dont charge it till your phone dies. You should do this every time you switch roms.

I have done that. doesnt seem to last as long.
by anychance do you know how to use the terminal emulator for cm7 for droidx?
is there a toolbox? Im pretty new to cyanrom.

jriv21

Reaction score
I've run into the same issue. With Liberty GB I could go 12 hours easy with moderate to heavy use and still have 80% left. Now CM7, I just got home and it's about 50%.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

DJxPanda

Reaction score
I think it may just be an issue with the ROM and how is uses its resources. My guess is that itll be fixed in future updates since its a recurring problem with everyone. Bear in mind it is still in its beta stages, so hopefully there will be some sort of fix. I know the battery stats wipe thing is supposed to help but its seeming not be the case. But like i said. Beta stage and hopefully will be fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CP6608

Reaction score
I had the same issues as mentioned before me. The Android OS was eating nearly 80% of my battery life, but I undervolted/overclocked with Droid Overclock and had it reboot itself and now the Android OS is not even mentioned. I have been off charge for about 4 hours and am just now at 90% and that is with constant email and 45 minutes of phone calls. I also wiped the batt stats with the Battery Calibration app on the market. Don't notice much difference there, but I would recommend spending the two bucks and getting the Droid Overclock by JRummy. My buddy has the same ROM and Overclock settings and went from 11:00 AM yesterday to 3:00 AM and was only at 70%. I am not sure of the usage, but that is still 15 hours plus and only lost 30%. Hope this helps someone out there. I was about to throw out this ROM because my battery was dying so quickly, but thank god I started playing around with the Droid Overclock because this ROM is nearly perfect. I can't wait until the updates come to fix the GPS and Camera.

jriv21

Reaction score
CP6608 is right. I had droid overclock that was installed when I restored my apps via titanium backup so I uninstalled
/reinstalled and setup droid oc all over again and I'm already seeing similar if not better results.

luigi90210

Reaction score
idk im getting the same battery life as i did on blur 2.3.3(10-12 hours)
im not complaining

CP6608

Reaction score
I unplugged yesterday at 9:30ish AM and plugged in last night at 1:15 and was still at 40%. That involved using the maps for about 30 minutes getting out of a traffic jam, numerous emails, texts, calls etc. I definitely think that the Droid Overclock is the ticket.