CM6 RC2 is on RM

mightybrick

Reaction score
I am thinking of flashing this ROM cuz the customization of the notification bar is VERY intriguing!

What kernels seem to be working best for everyone? My phone seems to be pretty picky and I have not had much luck with anything buy Chevy kernels; will they work on this ROM?

Also, and I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, should I wipe before installing this ROM?

Sorry for all the questions, just like to get a feel from the public before switching :unsure:
I was running Chevy's ULV 1000 kernel, but recently switched to CVPCS sapphire kernel that has functioning CPU temp support. I'm running the 1000 lv and it's running very well.

jnot2

Reaction score
Before I update

I would like to copy my apps to my computer. However I can not view the partion sd-ext on my computer so I can backup my apps. I can only see the sdcard partion when I mount my SD card to my computer. any help..

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I don't see why Chevy's wouldn't work; I'm running the kernel it came with and am very pleased.

It is generally advisable to wipe before switching ROMs.

Running med voltage Chevy 1.25 with great success since Sunday.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I have to download this ROM - that notification thing is too cool!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I would like to copy my apps to my computer. However I can not view the partion sd-ext on my computer so I can backup my apps. I can only see the sdcard partion when I mount my SD card to my computer. any help..

Not exactly what you're looking for but I use appbrain.com on my PC. You can sync it with your phone and push apps you finf with your PC to your phone.

ty_

Reaction score
I don't see why Chevy's wouldn't work; I'm running the kernel it came with and am very pleased.

It is generally advisable to wipe before switching ROMs.

Running med voltage Chevy 1.25 with great success since Sunday.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Think I have to download this ROM - that notification thing is too cool!

you cyanogen has always has this option ever since i started with 5.0.8

you should aklways be open to more than one kind of ROM.

i love having options. :) dancedroid

oaklandnative

Reaction score

Are there any kernels you guys recommend with RC2? I had a lot of problems with certain kernels putting my phone in a boot loop on RC1.

ChevyNo1's section in ROM Manager has kernels that work well. I'm running the 1.25GHz Ultra Low Voltage without any problems.

Thank you! I tried so many of the betkit and p3 kernels at all voltages but just kept getting stuck in boot loop with all of them. Chevy ultra low voltage works great and the battery life is much better than with the standard RC2.

Srkx Mokwi

Reaction score
I cant download this from RM... where can i just download the file addo it the update.zip way???

Scott

:greendroid: Rooted HTC Droid Incredible :greendroid:
:greendroid:ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1:greendroid:
:greendroid:Froyo (2.2), CyanogenMod-6:greendroid:

oaklandnative

Reaction score
I cant download this from RM... where can i just download the file addo it the update.zip way???

I downloaded from the RM Premium version. Not sure where to find it online but it's gotta be available somewhere if you don't want to pay for premium. Good luck.

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
ok this is my first time installing this rom and I cant find the market :( Can anyone helo this noob :)

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
My only issue so far with RC2: I have to press and hold the power button really hard to wake the phone up....weird to say the least. :)

Anyone use the new 3G on off button on power control widget? if so when do u turn it off? Thanks.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - So I finally flashed this ROM - quick question regarding the notification bar customization: Do you need to reboot in order for the changes to take affect or am I just not doing something right? I think the bar itself should be black but it's not changing.

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
To change the notification bar color if I remember u have to reboot...

Artimis

Reaction score
The ability to pulse the notification light while the screen is on is still disabled in RC2 for some reason......I thought this was going to be fixed :(