CM10/Droid3

sholmes

Reaction score
First, hashcode has rombot.org back online. Droid3 images are here:

Directory index · styled with h5ai

I installed KEXEC-cm-10-20121001-UNOFFICIAL-solana.zip on my D3. As with CM9, camera didn't work. 3G and WiFi seemed to work fine but I didn't do a whole lot before reverting to CM9.

The big problem I ran into involved restoring my apps. Here's what I did:

1. Ran a full backup. Saved it to ext-sd
2. Created update.zip
3. Booted to Safestrap 2.10.
4. Wiped data/factory reset and wiped cache partition
5. Installed KEXEC-cm-10-20121001-UNOFFICIAL-solana.zip
6. Installed gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip
7. Installed update.zip
8. Rebooted

Upon reboot, CM10 started fine but unlike past ROM loads, I didn't have Titanium loaded. Went back into Safestrap and installed update.zip again. This time Titanium was there but unlike past ROM loads, it didn't have any information about my past backups, device ID, labels, etc. Once repointing Titanium to sd-ext it at least saw my old backups but nothing else complicating restore. And restore didn't do nearly as good a job as it had in the past.

Wondering if I missed a step or if I might be better off doing the backups to the built in SD. Or maybe I should have installed it a third time.

Any ideas out there?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm curious: why the update.zip? Is there some change you're needing after install?

When I read it, I took it to mean he was creating an update.zip with TiBu so after flashing the new ROM, he could just flash that TiBu update.zip to restore his programs and what-not, rather than restoring them individually.

OP
S

sholmes

Reaction score
I'm curious: why the update.zip? Is there some change you're needing after install?

When I read it, I took it to mean he was creating an update.zip with TiBu so after flashing the new ROM, he could just flash that TiBu update.zip to restore his programs and what-not, rather than restoring them individually.

That would be correct. I'm using update.zip to restore my backuped up apps (and some system settings) without having to restore each individually.

I have had some success with upgrading to a newer ROM from an older without defaulting the device first. But it does seem cleaner to default first.

will17721

Reaction score
for some odd reason i had problems installing it. it said it installed and everything but it wouldnt boot up. i tried 3 different ways and it still didnt boot up. someone help?

OP
S

sholmes

Reaction score
for some odd reason i had problems installing it. it said it installed and everything but it wouldnt boot up. i tried 3 different ways and it still didnt boot up. someone help?

Had that problem with the latest kexec-cm9 release. I'm just going to wait for SS3 and whatever releases come after that.