closing apps?

asmallchild

Reaction score
So I'm coming from a storm where I was religious with closing apps

Do I need to do this with a droid and how might I go about closing an app?

Thanks I love this phone!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums asmallchild....

it's about time : )

There are many different opinions on this. Personally I do not mess with the OS. I just let it do it's thing.

Here is a LOOOOOONG thread with a lot of good info. it will keep you busy for a good 30-40 minutes but check it out. It deals strictly with this subject.

Again welcome aboard glad to have you here.

Your link sir
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the help.

I've gotta say, I really liked my Storm 1 when I had it, but man oh man, this is on a whole other level.

I think some of the frustrations others had in dealing with the Storm were because they were used to smartphones. I was just tickled silly to have a phone that pushed email to me.

Now I can start appreciating some finer subtleties :)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
My browser hangs up every now and then. I just got to Settings>Applications> Running Services and then touch to close the offending app.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the help.

I've gotta say, I really liked my Storm 1 when I had it, but man oh man, this is on a whole other level.

I think some of the frustrations others had in dealing with the Storm were because they were used to smartphones. I was just tickled silly to have a phone that pushed email to me.

Now I can start appreciating some finer subtleties :)
Yep, the old workhorse served well but oh so slow. Don't try none of that fancy razz-ma-tazz with it. :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I for the most part don't mess with closing apps. There are however a few that I will make sure that are closed. That is the browser, google maps, and my internet radio apps. Other then that I let the system do what it's meant to. The reason I close those 3 are because I've seen in the past that sometimes they don't always close and it will drain the battery quickly, so i just make sure they are closed is all.