Close up with the Super AMOLED HD screen

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it has an hd super amoled screen then yes, it's pentile. Samsung hasn't developed an HD super amoled screen in a non pentile matrix yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yeah, you're right, it's definitely pentile. My mistake. However, I swear I read somewhere that there is a pretty significant technical difference between these two screens (excluding size and ppi). I'll try to see if I can find the link again...

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Samsung is using the term "Plus" for it's RGB screens . Breakdown of Samsung's nomenclature , SUPER ( second improved generation ) AMOLED ( screen technology ) HD ( 720p resolution ) Plus ( full RGB array ) . If it doesn't contain the term "Plus" it's pentile .

ice456789

Reaction score
They have a different layout of the pixels than the Moto pentile screens. Samsung: RGBG. Moto: RGBW

Reaction score
oh and i really liked the comment about the guy who loves his bionics screen....are you kidding me? that screen it terrible. i take one look at the battery icon and throw up a little in my mouth.....woof.

:rofl3: woof

deputc26

Reaction score
sbenson, the picture in your sig is awesome. that's all I have to contribute to this thread.

GTX1

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Note isn't penile, I may be wrong though...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

You are.

HD Super AMOLED = PenTile, 720p

Super AMOLED Plus = RGB, qHD (I'm using the RAZR as a reference, which is RGB, but has a lower DPI than the GNex)

This is an actual separation created by Samsung to differentiate the technologies to consumers without really doing it.

I know this has already been said, whatevs.

ppophil

Reaction score
The RAZR has gorilla glass. Does the GN have gorilla glass too? Does the DX have gorilla glass?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Creed

Reaction score
The Nexus does not have Gorilla Glass and as far as I know, neither does the droid X. The nexus does, however, have a fortified glass of some sort. (see samsungcorning.com)

baldybill

Reaction score
I keep hearing about the gorilla glass - is it scratch-resistant?
What about the GNex's screen- is it scratch-resistant?