Close Browser?

missin44

Reaction score
I'm a little cunfused, is there a way to close the Droid browser or is it always running in the background?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i know you can kill it with one of the app killers available from the market place. You cannot kill it otherwise.

saxmaster45

Reaction score
I wonder if it matters whether it's running in the background. it doesn't seem to slow anything down for me, and it's probably not updating or anything like that.

Stigy

Reaction score
Also if you continuously hit the "back" key until it gets to its last cached page, the browser will exit.

Takes a few more button presses, but will close it for you.

volando

Reaction score
Also if you continuously hit the "back" key until it gets to its last cached page, the browser will exit.

well, not quite... when the browser is loaded (with default google page) advanced task killer shows 106mb free, if i press back the browser disappears, however the amount of free memory remains the same. If i kill it with the mentioned app it goes up to 116mb.

Pressing home and back repeatedly does the same - just brings up the home screen...

Stigy

Reaction score

well, not quite... when the browser is loaded (with default google page) advanced task killer shows 106mb free, if i press back the browser disappears, however the amount of free memory remains the same. If i kill it with the mentioned app it goes up to 116mb.

Pressing home and back repeatedly does the same - just brings up the home screen...
Strange, but good observation. I didn't even think of checking the available memory doing it both ways.

Sorry for the misinformation. Good looking though volando!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the memory it uses since Android knows how to manage such things The reason I wish you could close/quit/exit the browser is that I hate going into the browser and some page is open that I went to yesterday lol