ClockworkMod Recovery won't replace stock

guest00459

Reaction score
Hey guys,
After all of the times I have bricked my phone, scoured the net, and hacked the DX beast, I've yet to stumble upon another person that has received this issue.
Here is the down and dirty:
1-DX "bricked" when installing 2.2
2-Flashed Stock 2.1 with RSDLite
3-Downloaded BootStrap, Rom Manager
4-Flashed ClockworkMod recovery
5-Booted into recovery with Koushes BootStrap
6-Wipe Data
7-Wipe Cashe
8-Format System
9-Mount System
10-Installed update.zip from SD card
---now here is the problem, it will get all the way to "Replacing stock recovery with clockworkmod recovery"... and then it will go back to the starting clockwork screen. UGGGH!!

I've never had this problem before. Since we cant flash SPRecovery, then I am sort of in a pickle! Also, for some reason RomManager won't allow me to flash an older version of ClockworkMod either! So I am out of ideas. I am currently running 2.1 rooted and waiting for some of my research to pay off.

Thanks all
B

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you using the 2.2 that was on Rom Manager? i used that and all i did was apply the file, no mounting of system

OP
G

guest00459

Reaction score
That requires the full vers. correct? I downloaded the 2.2 deodexed so I could theme and all that noise. But Ill try the rom manager version.
thanks
B

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea start with the 2.2 on RM first

OP
G

guest00459

Reaction score
Thank you!
You know, as many times as I've saved this thing from the brink of death, it is weird how something this simple held me up. Normally things go smoothly after I tear it up. Haha! I can't help myself from toying around with this thing so I guess I'll just have to deal with those "oh sh*t!" moments!

I appreciate the help

B