Clockwork Recovery Restore not working.

brandegy

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with trying to restore their back on their droid x?

Mine will freeze up at the M.

I went to the FlyX rom by birdman and did a backup and wipe. But after seeing the rom decided to go back. After i restore it, it will restart and stay on the M.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull you battery on the "M" Let the phone boot normally (be patient) then re-apply the Bootstrap install <top button>

1694kyle

Reaction score
If you're trying to flash sbf make sure you're not hooked to a computer when doing the batt pull. I was stuck for a while because every time I pulled it just booted again. I was trying to get to bootloader because I was stuck in bootloop at M. I ended up just flashing sbf and reinstalling bootstrap to recover.

OP
B

brandegy

Reaction score
Ok so we are all on the same page here right.

When trying to do a restore using clockwork it will hang at the M?

1694kyle

Reaction score
I installed 2.2 and it was WAY laggy, so I downloaded koush's recovery and restored my backup. That's when I hit the M. So if this is what you guys did, then yes.

OP
B

brandegy

Reaction score
I installed 2.2 and it was WAY laggy, so I downloaded koush's recovery and restored my backup. That's when I hit the M. So if this is what you guys did, then yes.

Kind of. I was on 2.2 download birdmans rom and didnt really care for it. It wasnt bad i just hate restoring my apps. So i went to the clockwork to restore the backup and was just sitting at the M. SO far i can restore a really old backup. but not the one from today.

Still working it.

Ill let you know what i get.

DebianDog

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pull you battery on the "M" Let the phone boot normally (be patient) then re-apply the Bootstrap install <top button>

What is a good period of time to be patient?

Less than a minute. If longer than that break out the SBF software. :(

If it makes you feel better I got burned the same way on a 2.2 to 2.2 Clockwork recovery (yes I was on 2.2 going back to 2.2 fresh install) Even though people SWEAR it works. Mine did the exact same thing.

Frogrm7

Reaction score
I've tried four times to restore via bootstrap and always end up having to sbf. Not sure whats going on but it sucks to have an app claiming to give the abiltiy to restore and it does't work.

ChrisEvo8

Reaction score
the solution was get the bootstrap app from the market. worked for me. its apparently a different recovery as well. well different version.

Frogrm7

Reaction score
Is the market version differet? It doesn't say anything on his site about that. After having to sbf four times I think I'll wait till I have a real need to try it. Between all the people with the stuck M logo and md5 error it's just not worth trying it again to see if the market version works.

OP
B

brandegy

Reaction score
So i do not how bad this might mess up but i went into advanced restore and just restored my data. nothing else. and it is working fine with my original settings. I will inform if anything else happens.

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana::greendroid:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana: