Clockwork and Cyanogen jacks up sp recovery

liljohn666

Reaction score
Let me start by saying this is the second time this has happened to me. I decided to try out cyan 5.0.8. I went ahead and booted up in spr and did a nandroid backup of my current rom. Then I went ahead and downloaded rom manager and flashed clockwork. Went thru and installed cyan 5.0.8. Decided i really didnt like it. For some reason my phone runs really hot on cyan roms. I went ahead and flashed spr back. Yes i wiped data/factory reset multiple times. Went ahead and tried to restore my backup. It worked except when it booted up i was missing all google apps(gapps) and pretty much everything else from my backup. The only things that were there was basic apps and rom manager. I did my nandroid backup before i downloaded rom manager. So I thought maybe something got screwed up. Tried once again. No luck. So i tried a couple other backups of the same rom and other roms i have on my computer. i.e. fresh installs. Still all had same issues. So what i ended up having to do is use rsdlite to flash stock 2.01 back on my phone. Then reroot my phone. Like i mentioned this isnt the first time this has happened. I had to do the same thing last time i tried a cyan rom. If you cant tell i a fairly familiar with flashing roms and such. What would cause this?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
install terminal emulator and install the file sprecovery unto the root of yous sd card and push it

follow this:

Push sprecovery using terminal emulator, if that do not work then use rsdlite.

here is the file: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

here are the directions:
19. Open Terminal Emulator and type DO NOT TYPE THE QUOTATION MARKS!
"su" press enter and allow
"flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img"
"reboot recovery"

OP
L

liljohn666

Reaction score
Already fixed the issue using rsdlite last night. But thanks. I just want to know why clockwork and rom manager do this.

PDR447

Reaction score
you know the beauty of computers is that they just don't do things cause they "feel like it"... there is no way clockwork would "break" sprecovery. it's either operator error or a bug in sprecovery. clockwork does not touch sprecovery's stuff at all.

OP
L

liljohn666

Reaction score
Yeah well the "beauty" of software is that someone programs it to complete certain actions and processes automatically so users do not have to input lines of code. i.e. when you boot up your pc it starts all these tasks and programs automatically so that wallpaper on your desktop shows up, so your computer connects to internet, and a million other things. I am not saying it might not be something I did, but to have it happen twice? So please dont respond with well must have been your fault.

droidman101

Reaction score
Yeah well the "beauty" of software is that someone programs it to complete certain actions and processes automatically so users do not have to input lines of code. i.e. when you boot up your pc it starts all these tasks and programs automatically so that wallpaper on your desktop shows up, so your computer connects to internet, and a million other things. I am not saying it might not be something I did, but to have it happen twice? So please dont respond with well must have been your fault.

the only things rm touch on your sdcard is the /clockwork folder. the backups are in
/nandroid