Clock + weather

butch350

Reaction score
You guys need to get out a little. Have some fun. Put down the Droid!

Enough with the Clock and the Weather Widget already!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I LOVE Beautiful Widgets. It is a skinnable weather/clock widget with other widgets also like Bluetooth on/off, WiFi on/off and Vibrate on/off etc... This list continues and it has a good dev that does updates to make it better and such!

Chilazr

Reaction score
There is...

Once you select Menu > Add > Widgets the last option is Weather + Large Flip Clock. Here is what it looks like on my home screen:

g1home.png

Is that on a Droid, or an HTC device? I had an HTC Imagio and their clock/weather widget looked exactly like that. I loved it, but I haven't seen it on the Droid. If I could get that, I'd pay for it.

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
There is...

Once you select Menu > Add > Widgets the last option is Weather + Large Flip Clock. Here is what it looks like on my home screen:

g1home.png

Is that on a Droid, or an HTC device? I had an HTC Imagio and their clock/weather widget looked exactly like that. I loved it, but I haven't seen it on the Droid. If I could get that, I'd pay for it.

You can get that exact HTC style widget using Weather Widget -Donate and then downloading the h7c skin within it's skin downloader.

Or in Beautiful Widgets you can get one that is very similar, but with the weather icon to the right instead of center. Search for the Beautiful Widgets skinning thread and blue rocket has posted 2 or 3 versions of the HTC skin that you can download and install into your SD. very easy, no rooted required.

Chilazr

Reaction score
Already on it. I have been dying for a good clock and weather app/widget like my Imagio had. I jumped and got the beautiful Widgets. I am really lovin the amount of different skins I can put on there. These forums are great. Helping me make my Droid exactly what I want.

jmwend

Reaction score
Weather not finding locations

I have the 2.1 UI for my incredible, and the beautiful weather clock widget was working perfectly. Then I went on a business trip to another city, and it wouldnt show the weather for that city. I've been noticing it will find the weather via your locations for some cities and not others. Anybody have any idea why this may be happening?

Jenile

Reaction score
HELP! I am trying to make my driod phone display both the weather AND clock all I see is the Clock and Sun NO TEMPERATURE?? How do I get this to work??

droidwar

Reaction score
clock+wether

I have pulled my droid out of my pocket a few times an the screen is displaying a full screen clock with weather never downloaded an app so it has to something that came with the phone. How do I get this to show again? Its not analog clock its a digital

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have pulled my droid out of my pocket a few times an the screen is displaying a full screen clock with weather never downloaded an app so it has to something that came with the phone. How do I get this to show again? Its not analog clock its a digital

You must have a magnet nearby. That is the clock the Droid switches to when put into the home dock (it has a polarized magnet which does the switching). Try downloading DockRunner. It will let you start the clock without using a magnet.

MassAppeal16

Reaction score
I was getting ready to buy beautiful widgets for my X, but I read the reviews and alot of peple are having problems w/ it. Should I wait or is there a better one?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I was getting ready to buy beautiful widgets for my X, but I read the reviews and alot of peple are having problems w/ it. Should I wait or is there a better one?

There was a problem with Google Weather which Beautiful Widgets currently uses, but that was fixed. The dev has also said he is working on a more reliable source of weather information. Beautiful Widgets is one of the best apps from one of the best devs. I highly recommend it (and Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper).

paulhusker

Reaction score
I'm a big weather nut and have looked all over for a decent thermometer widget and or application. Two of the simplest and best ones I have found are:

Widget--Thermometer Widget by Johann Walles. Updates the temperature for your location every 30 mins. then displays on your home screen.

App--Thermometer(Free) by Xiaad.com. I have liked this one better because I like the up to the minute temperature update down to a tenth of a degree. I've emailed the developer to see where the app pulls its data. All he told me is that it's pulled from a variety of sources. I'm guessing it may pull it from different weather stations in addition to airport observation points like this site: MADIS Surface Data Display The only drawback is that you have to press the app icon on your home screen for it to get you the info. It's nice and simple, though, in that it looks up your location and then gives you the temp for your spot. I've seen the observations change quite a bit when starting the app repeatedly in a short period of time.

I truly hate the clock/weather widget that came w/ my Incredible at the top of my home screen. I have changed the settings to update hourly and it never does it that often. I have found the Weather Channel & Weather Bug widgets not updating as often as I like, also.

It sure would be nice to find a Thermometer widget that truly updated every 15 mins. Most weather observations are updated that often or at least 3 times an hour.

klwilson2169

Reaction score
Time

It's a preinstalled widget that is called analog clock. Once you choose it scroll to the right to find the size that you want, I believe there are 12 different choices and styles.

cutiedroid

Reaction score
I use an app called World Weather Clock Widget. The widget is really small, icon size, and you can have weather or time & weather. The widget shows current weather with a cute little sky condition, temperature, rain percentage, and date and/or time. Click on the widget and you get today's current and forecast and 4 days extended forecast weather.

I use this widget on a side screen. The main home screen had that widget that makes the clock look like it's sitting on a shelf, 3D Digital Weather. This one can even do system information along with current and forecast weather, moon times, sky conditions

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

asd

Reaction score
Animated Weather for Android - Weather forecast application. The exquisitely realistic video effects of cloudiness, rain and snow provide the vivid sensation of current or future weather conditions for more than 50000 locations over the world.

Android Weather Widget - Android Weather Widget - Best Animated App

Video:
[video=youtube;KY9qkmzbBy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9qkmzbBy4[/video]