Clock is off by 25-30 minutes!! NEED HELP!

kp_2013

Reaction score
So I recently just got the Droid Razr HD and have already been experiencing some problems... So last Saturday I got the phone activated and it ended up having a pixel damaged in the screen so I have to take it to my nearest Verizon store to have it replaced. Well before taking it back I noticed that the clock was wrong and it was 15 or so minutes behind so I thought oh well whatever I'm getting a new one. So I get the replacement (brand new out of the box) and had no problems with it until the next day when it offered a system verison and kernel version update. I updated it, went to work, and when I came home it started having fits and the clock was behind. Ever since then its had its moments where it will be 30 minutes behind. I called Verizon, they had me reboot it (fixed it for like 2 seconds), soft reset (didnt work), and finally just recommended to leave the Automatic Date and Tme and the Automatic Time Zone unchecked. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! P.S. its running off the 4.1.1 software I'm guessing its jelly bean but I'm not sure

Last edited:

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So I recently just got the Droid Razr HD and have already been experiencing some problems... So last Saturday I got the phone activated and it ended up having a pixel damaged in the screen so I have to take it to my nearest Verizon store to have it replaced. Well before taking it back I noticed that the clock was wrong and it was 15 or so minutes behind so I thought oh well whatever I'm getting a new one. So I get the replacement (brand new out of the box) and had no problems with it until the next day when it offered a system verison and kernel version update. I updated it, went to work, and when I came home it started having fits and the clock was behind. Ever since then its had its moments where it will be 30 minutes behind. I called Verizon, they had me reboot it (fixed it for like 2 seconds), soft reset (didnt work), and finally just recommended to leave the Automatic Date and Tme and the Automatic Time Zone unchecked. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it a bug? PLEASE HELP! Thanks!! P.S. its running off the 4.1.1 software I'm guessing its jelly bean but I'm not sure

That sucks. I would tell them to go and play in traffic. I would also return that phone, and maybe go to another Verizon store if possible.

2 in a row is highly unlikely, but something like that would bug the hell outta me (OCD) and for the money your spending, all should work well on their side if not, then I would be a hard on and say I want money off my bill if the services rendered are not 100 percent.

Its funny how the first one did it too though, thats weird, are you in a heavy populated area?

KaChow

Reaction score

I've never heard of this problem before, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I have never had this problem, but maybe there are one of two solutions that could help. I have used an app called ClockSync, it is meant to be used for devices that are Rooted, however sometimes it works on non-rooted phones which my guess that is your phone. ClockSync relies on Atomic Time clocks with precise accurate timing, which when successful on a non-rooted device, will override the system time. The other option and this may or may not work is to disable the "Clock" done through Settings> Apps> ALL> Clock. Which you may not be able to disable this as it is a "System" app, but as you can see from the screenshot below, my clock is disabled and still I have accurate running time.

View attachment 60734View attachment 60732

Last edited:
OP
K

kp_2013

Reaction score
That sucks. I would tell them to go and play in traffic. I would also return that phone, and maybe go to another Verizon store if possible.

2 in a row is highly unlikely, but something like that would bug the hell outta me (OCD) and for the money your spending, all should work well on their side if not, then I would be a hard on and say I want money off my bill if the services rendered are not 100 percent.

Its funny how the first one did it too though, thats weird, are you in a heavy populated area?

Dang I was really hoping I wasn't the only one. The phones came from different places by the way. The first was ordered online and then the second was the new replacement I received in a Verizon store because first one had a broken pixel and I called about it and they had me set up to exchange it in less than 10 minutes. Well unchecking the automatic date & time and automatic time zone seemed to fix it. So it can be my phone, it's gotta be a network malfunction. I love my phone and I don't wanna give it up so as long as it tells time I don't care.. Wish I wasn't the only one though.. My luck lol

Last edited:
OP
K

kp_2013

Reaction score
I've never heard of this problem before, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. I have never had this problem, but maybe there are one of two solutions that could help. I have used an app called ClockSync, it is meant to be used for devices that are Rooted, however sometimes it works on non-rooted phones which my guess that is your phone. ClockSync relies on Atomic Time clocks with precise accurate timing, which when successful on a non-rooted device, will override the system time. The other option and this may or may not work is to disable the "Clock" done through Settings> Apps> ALL> Clock. Which you may not be able to disable this as it is a "System" app, but as you can see from the screenshot below, my clock is disabled and still I have accurate running time.

View attachment 60734View attachment 60732

What's rooted mean? Like jail broken on iPhones? I think I fixed it by unchecking the automatic date & time and the automatic time zone for the time. It hasn't had any fits yet so makes me believe its Verizon's network that is malfunctioning and not the device itself.. I was really hoping I wasn't the only one though.. Ughh

snowman

Reaction score
The cell towers already update themselves from the atomic clock via net
Phone time is really accurate, gps time is to most accurate working directly off he atomic clocks
Reboot your phone this should reset clock
Also you should reboot every Few days to do a tower update it's the only time tower's and your number updates in the computers say for Verizon