clicking noise

bh8690

Reaction score
Has any body noticed that when you switch into or out of camera mode there is a little clicking noise (sounds almost like static electricity)?

drewshaver

Reaction score
That is the camera taking some pictures so it can make brightness settings.

OP
B

bh8690

Reaction score
The noise happens just when you open the camera appl...."tick tick tick"; normal?

drewshaver

Reaction score
yes, i am getting the exact same, 3 clicks. i am virtually positive it is the camera snapping pictures to calibrate settings. tried an app to set brightness based on ambient light that used the camera, did the same things.
(i know it is built in, but i really need to be able to say automatic brightness but slightly brighter than what they give me in all cases)

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think it's got a mechanical autofocusing system; so you're hearing that. There is no actual shutter noise on this type of camera, so even if it were taking pictures, it wouldn't click. Very few camera phones have an actual mechanical shutter.

appirishmen

Reaction score
i just noticed it on mine. is there anything wrong with it or is it how it is supposed to be?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just noticed it on mine. is there anything wrong with it or is it how it is supposed to be?

again, it's the autofocus mechanism activating. It is not a cause for alarm unless it starts doing it nonstop.

Redls1bird

Reaction score
This has got to be the most mis-understood function of this phone. It has a mechanically operated auto-focus. You can watch it physically moving while it makes the noise...