Clearing the cache for the droid turbo

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure what the exact differences are though. Maybe time for some Google research.....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok, the reason I was concerned with the "clear phone cache" as I've never used this before is because I kept getting a pop-up that was very annoying. This pop-up would come up on every browser I used, in my settings, in my twitter app, EVERYWHERE!

It seems to have gone away after my cache cleaning.

Has anyone here seen this pop-up and knows where it came from?
I've included a screenshot.......

Screenshot_2015-11-07-11-40-34_zpsj4qxe0zh.png

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Ok, the reason I was concerned with the "clear phone cache" as I've never used this before is because I kept getting a pop-up that was very annoying. This pop-up would come up on every browser I used, in my settings, in my twitter app, EVERYWHERE!

It seems to have gone away after my cache cleaning.

Has anyone here seen this pop-up and knows where it came from?
I've included a screenshot.......

Screenshot_2015-11-07-11-40-34_zpsj4qxe0zh.png

Ok, this annoying pop up still shows it's ugly head. It even pop ups on my home screen. Does anyone know where it is coming from and how I can get rid of it?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am not familiar with that one.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that one.

When it shows up, hitting the "back button" chases it away but it comes right back. Here it is showing up in my settings app section,

This is really killing my droid turbo experience.

It shows up EVERYWHERE!!!!

Screenshot_2015-11-07-13-28-09_zpsuz0ofnd3.png

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife had similar popups appearing like that a few years ago. In her case they were from a game she had been playing linked to her Facebook account and the game downloaded spyware / malware / adware onto her phone. I was not sure what app it was at the time so I started uninstalling every app ever downloaded from the Play Store one or two at a time and rebooting. Ended up removing just about everything but it finally went away. There are also some adware apps on the Play store that will scan your phone. One of those may help identify what app is causing these popups

MarBearCat

Reaction score
My wife had similar popups appearing like that a few years ago. In her case they were from a game she had been playing linked to her Facebook account and the game downloaded spyware / malware / adware onto her phone. I was not sure what app it was at the time so I started uninstalling every app ever downloaded from the Play Store one or two at a time and rebooting. Ended up removing just about everything but it finally went away. There are also some adware apps on the Play store that will scan your phone. One of those may help identify what app is causing these popups

Ok, I'll have to investigate this, very annoying. Never did facebook.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I have and used malwarebytes app and it said I have nothing wrong.

I just downloaded "StopBadapp" and they came up with this....

Screenshot_2015-11-07-14-05-16_zpsvh4w2mby.png

Then it showed me this..............

Screenshot_2015-11-07-14-05-30_zpssw57ywci.png

Then this............

Screenshot_2015-11-07-14-05-48_zpsc5vbu5xi.png

Yea, I'm not subscribing so I clicked on "ignore" and got this...........

Screenshot_2015-11-07-14-06-09_zpseowb0jar.png

Let's see what happens. What the heck is this Retail Demo Mode app? I didn't see it in my app settings?!!!!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know what retail demo Mode is. But I definitely would not trust stop bad app. The grammar in their messages is wrong.....first sign of a non-legit app. If they can't even program their messages correctly...I don't trust them.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I don't know what retail demo Mode is. But I definitely would not trust stop bad app. The grammar in their messages is wrong.....first sign of a non-legit app. If they can't even program their messages correctly...I don't trust them.

I used it then I uninstalled it. Man what a pain!!!!

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I downloaded "Avast Mobile Security" app. 4.5 star rating. Says all is ok.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'm still getting this pop-up. I'm afraid my phone may be ruined!!!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I doubt its ruined, but may be infected with adware that detector apps can't find. Honestly if it was my phone I would have already done a factory reset (FDR)....but that's just me. Of course if you do go that route, make sure you back up all important pictures and files in the cloud or on a computer, or somewhere.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Fdr will remove anything that s nit on the stock image..awesome for Android...are my steps hard to follow on the clear the cache instructions??? Please let me know of anything I can do to clarify them for you guys...I don't want anyone borking their device because my instruction aren't clear.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Fdr will remove anything that s nit on the stock image..awesome for Android...are my steps hard to follow on the clear the cache instructions??? Please let me know of anything I can do to clarify them for you guys...I don't want anyone borking their device because my instruction aren't clear.
I think they are clear. The time it takes can be alarming when you think your phone is broke......and then 10 - 15 minutes later it starts clearing the cache. Fix that Moto....fix it!

MarBearCat

Reaction score

Step one is confusing. You cannot push volume up and down together. It would be like pressing down both seats of a see saw at the same time I would think.
What I did was press volume down with power button and it worked.

I could not press the volume up and down button at the same time and was afraid if I kept trying that I would break something.